Students, the library is here for you — let us know how we can help!
Although the library building is closed, library services are going strong. Library databases are remotely accessible to all students, chat research assistance is available during library hours and interlibrary loan service is functioning (digital materials only for now). For more information, please visit the Library’s Distance Education guide.
If you have books or other items checked out, the due date has been changed to Friday, May 8, and no overdue fines will be charged for items due after Friday, March 15. You are welcome to mail books back, leave them in the book drop (if you happen to be on campus) or hold onto them until you return. For questions about checkouts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Summer 2020 Tuition Rates
Special summer tuition rates are available for undergraduate courses during May, Summer I and Summer II terms. Learn more at montevallo.edu/summer-classes.
If you received financial aid for the 2019-2020 academic year, you could also be eligible for summer. Please note, in most cases, you must take six or more credit hours during the summer term(s) to receive aid, and federal aid is determined based on each individual student’s eligibility.
Please contact the UM Student Aid Office at 205-665-6050 if you have any questions once you have received your summer financial aid offer notification.
New Peace & Justice Studies Minor to Launch Fall 2020
UM’s new Peace & Justice Studies minor is launching this fall. Several classes will be offered, including Intro to Peace & Justice Studies (PJS 200), Tuesday/Thursday, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Fall 2020 classes include:
Learn more at this link.
- PJS 200 – Introduction to Peace and Justice Studies, Dr. Jennifer Rickel and Dr. Meredith Tetloff
- AAS 302/PJS 370 – Race, Class and Gender, Dr. Sierra Turner
- ENG 301/HNRS 309-005/AAS elective/PJS 370 – The 1619 Project: Cultural and Rhetorical Legacies of U.S. Chattel Slavery, Dr. Cynthia Mwenja
- ENG 475/PJS 470 – Sex, Gender and the Contemporary Global Economy, Dr. Jennifer Rickel
- MG 371/NPS 371/ES 310/PJS 370 – Nonprofit Organizations: Overview and Operations, Dr. Tom Sanders
- POS 330/PJS 370 – Women in Politics, Dr. Andrea Eckelman
- POS 350/HNRS 309 / PJS 370 – Model UN, Dr. Scott Turner
- SOC 324/PJS 370 – Social Stratification, Dr. Stephen Parker
- SWK 373/PJS 370 – Social Policy, Dr. Meredith Tetloff
Student Publications Positions Available
The UM Student Publications Committee is looking for editors for next year's student publications.
- Editor of The Alabamian (student newspaper)
- Editor of the Montage (student yearbook)
- Editor of The Tower (student arts & literary magazine)
The application deadline is Friday, April 10, by 2 p.m. Visit FalconLink to apply. For more information, please contact Tiffany Bunt.
Summer 2020 Important Deadlines and Information
Students, charge summer books at UM’s Barnes & Noble Bookstore against your credit balance and plan ahead for Fall 2020.
Information regarding deadlines can be found on the Cashier’s Office webpage.
Vote for Montevallo Alumni in GSC Virtual Competition
As a celebration of the accomplishments of student-athletes and institutions in the Gulf South Conference, the conference office has put together a bracket featuring 32 of the most impressive, potentially unbreakable, records in league history. Two University of Montevallo alumni are featured in the competition. Darbi Duke set a record with six stolen bases in a single game in the sport of softball. Jonathan Maloney scored a record 24 game-winning goals in his career in the sport of men’s soccer.
All voting will take place on Twitter. Voting begins Monday, April 13. Visit the GSC website for additional information.