Computer Refresh Announcement
Due to the timeline required for the annual computer refresh and the current environment, it has been determined this year’s refresh will be postponed until next year.
In addition, each subsequent year’s refresh will also be pushed back one year. For example, users on this year’s refresh schedule will be moved to next year, users due to be refreshed in 2021 will be moved to 2022 and so on.
For users due to be refreshed this year, Information Services & Technology will need to make sure that your computer is updated to Windows 10. The Solution Center will reach out to those users who are still using Windows 7 to schedule the upgrade. This upgrade is very important for security purposes. Please watch for the email and respond with times that you could be available for the upgrade.
Summer Term Library Services
Whether you’re teaching online this summer or doing research, Carmichael Library is here for you with some new services (such as curbside pickup and scan-and-deliver) as well as ongoing ones (chat research help, library instruction and access to online books, articles and videos):
- If you wish to check out library materials, curbside pickup is available by reservation Sunday through Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The curbside pickup form is linked from the homepage of the library website.
- If you can’t make it to the library for a pickup, scan-and-deliver services are available. Limited portions of a book or journal article from the Carmichael Library collection can be scanned and emailed to you. The scan and deliver form is linked from the homepage of the library website.
- If you need materials from other libraries, full Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services will resume this summer and can be accessed under the “services” tab on the library website. Please be aware that delivery of print materials or DVDs may take slightly longer than usual (up to two weeks) and will need to be picked up at the library during scheduled pickup times.
- Remote access to hundreds of thousands of digital journal articles, books and databases through the library website.
- Library instruction for your classes, in synchronous or asynchronous mode. Contact Kathy Lowe or Anna Mary Williford.
- Chat and email assistance for students, faculty and staff. Chat will be available Sunday from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and can be accessed on the homepage of the library website. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Laptops are also available for check-out to students! Contact Kaycee Ledbetter.