Information Services & Technology News
The University of Montevallo now has a Zoom site license which allows all faculty, staff and students to have a licensed account. You can sign up for an account using your UM email address at montevallo-edu.zoom.us. If you have any issues, please contact the Solution Center by emailing email@example.com.
Moe’s and Smooth Sailing to Close Friday, Nov. 13
Moe’s Southwest Grill and Smooth Sailing in Farmer Hall will cease operations at closing time on Friday, Nov. 13, to begin construction of Pita Pit.
ESC Collecting Donations for Shelby Emergency Assistance
The Exercise Science Club is requesting your support and donations for Shelby Emergency Assistance. SEA is in need of hygiene and toiletry items to provide to those in need. This includes toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, soap, shampoo, baby wipes, diapers, etc. Donation boxes will be located in each residence hall and in the main office of Myrick Hall through Wednesday, Nov. 25. Let’s make a difference in our community!
Montage Needs Your Pandemic Stories
Want to be a part of the creation of your annual yearbook? Get involved by sharing your story about living during a pandemic! You can sign up for an interview via this link.
Follow the Montage on Instagram and Facebook for more ways to get involved with challenges where you can upload your photos to Instagram. These uploads may be included in the yearbook.
October Green Fund Grant Recipients
- Go Green and Get Lean: Yeldray Perkins, Parker Brandt (Kaycee Ledbetter) — $780
- EcoBrick Compost Bin for Garden: Candler Brown (Dr. Susan Caplow) — $249.78
- Recycled Play-Sustainable Art/Music Wall Installation: Katharine Murray, Marcos Lopez, Cheyanne Smith (Dr. Qshequilla Mitchell) — $250
- Bloch Hall LED Exhibition Lighting, Part III: Lee Somers, Michael Willett — $5,450
- UMPD Bike: Brian Prady — $905
Total spent academic year thus far: $7,634.78
There will be another call for Green Fund proposals in January. We want to hear your ideas! Please direct any questions about the Green Fund to Dr. Susan Caplow.
15th Annual Run for Research Canceled
The 15th Annual Run for Research is canceled this year. While we can’t run together, we can still celebrate Undergraduate Research on our campus by wearing the awesome 2020 run T-shirts. This year’s T-shirts were designed by Keller Makemson, a recent 2020 graduate from the College of Fine Arts. Keller graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with graphic design emphasis. The 15th Annual Run T-shirts are $5 each. If you would like a T-shirt, please e-mail Tonja Battle.
Yoga classes in Old Gym meet Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5 to 6 p.m. This Tuesday, Nov. 3, we will focus on stretching the shoulders and backs and Thursday, Nov. 5, focus will be on hips. Everyone is welcome. All levels are welcome. Please bring your own mat. Face masks are worn during class.
Spring 2021 Peace and Justice Studies Courses
Advisors, please share our spring 2021 Peace and Justice Studies (PJS) courses with your advisees:
- ENG 232-001, ENG 232-002 (non-cross-listed elective) Global Literature: Shakespeare and Contemporary Society, Atwood
- PJS 370/SOC 360 Social Change, Lowry
- PJS 370/SWK 373 Social Policy, Tetloff
- PJS 470/ES 401/SWK 411 Immersive Environmental Storytelling, Tetloff
- PJS 470/NPS 420/MG 420 Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability, Smith
- PJS 470/POS448/ES350 Environmental Policy, Eckelman
Visit the Peace and Justice Studies webpage for more information about courses and the PJS minor.