- Tuesday 11th June - 8pm
- Wednesday 12th June - 8pm
- Scripts will be provided but can be emailed on request.
- First show Tuesday 29th or Wednesday 30th October 2019 (TBC)
- Last show will be Friday 1st November 2019
- As usual this is half term week, but there will be no Saturday Show because of clashes with Fireworks and Halloween Parties, and the Veteran Car Run that weekend!
The Bear: Characters
- Popova – Romantic, sentimental, a young widow, in mourning for her late husband.
- 20's to late 30’s/ early 40’s
- Smirnov – Brutish, (Bear-like) landowner, who has come to collect on a debt.
- Late 30’s – late 40’s/early 50’s
- Luka – Manservant to Popova. Gentle but with excellent comic timing.
- Late 50’s –60’s/early 70’s
The Bear - Play
The Bear (or sometimes The Boor) is one of Anton Chekhov’s lesser-known plays, but it is is an excellent example of a “Farce in One-Act,".
Fast-paced and with biting dialogue, its comedy involves exaggerated emotions that quickly turn into their opposites. Popova fancies herself inconsolably bereaved, while Smirnov considers himself a man's man, but could it be that they start to develop feelings for each other?