Annual Membership Meeting
We had a great turnout at our Annual Membership Meeting at Gaucho Collective last week. Over 50 folks braved the cold and were rewarded with a generous happy hour sponsored by Klamath Basin Brewing and pizza from Rodeos.
One of the suprises of the night came from Zach Gilmour who presented KTA with a $7,000 check! Funds were generated from a very successful event called the Crater Lake Century put on by the Lost Cascades Bike Club. KTA was one of three recipients.
Highlights of the year reported during the business meeting included:
KTA's membership also voted unanimously to re-elect Dennis Taugher, JoAnn Clifton and Drew Honzel to new two year terms.
- 67% increase in volunteer maintenance hours from 836 hrs to 1,396 hrs.
- Local trail maintenance accounted for 617 hrs and high country trails (Brown Mtn, PCT and Wilderness Trails) accounted for 779 hrs of maintenance.
- Moore Park improvements included Eulalona Trailhead, Southie Trail and New Moore Park Maps posted at Kiosks.
- Moore Park Trails Master Plan bid has been awarded to Chris Bernhardt from Sentieros Consulting out of Portland.
- Spence Mtn. Trail network has grown from 7 miles to 15 miles in 2016.
- Geo Trail near OIT & Sky Lakes Medical Center was completed.
- Great Klamath Circle route is vetted and currently going through landowner approvals with hopes that it will be ready for the public by Spring of 2017.