Une version française viendra bientôt
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2018
Welcome to Ramblers 3rd meet of the Fall season. The map for this event was used last year at the Eastern Canadian Championships for the Middle distance race, and you now have the opportunity to run on this terrain if you missed it last year.
As usual, 4 courses are offered:
Courses 3 and 4 will have a special edition of the map – with no paths marked, to make it more challenging. Course 4 has two parts, with a map flip, and the second part of the course is printed on the second side of the sheet.
- Beginners, easy: 2.5 km 14 controls
- Intermediate: 2.8 km 12 controls
- Short advanced: 4.9 km 18 controls
- Long advanced: 6.5 km 25 controls
Courses setter: Eoin McCulluough
Register online via Cheddarup
While registration is also available on-site, we prefer online registration, as it makes the volunteers’ lives easier on the day of the event.
Ramblers members with annual pass: no fee
Non-members: $12 for Adults, $8 for juniors (under 21), free for children under 10
Compass rental: $1.
Everyone will have to sign a paper waiver. For persons under 18 years, a parent or guardian will need to sign.
The SFR system will be used for timing; do not forget to bring your SFR petal. Rental SFR petals will be provided for non-members.
The registration and finish will be at the same place as last year: east end of the map, 300m west from the end of Antoine-Faucon street (Pierrefonds).
Two options are available (also see image below):
No toilets will be at the arena. The nearest toilets are at the shopping center in the Cinema Cineplex.
- Parking along the west end of Antoine Faucon street and adjacent streets
- Parking lot of the shopping center near the Cinema Cineplex Kirkland, from where it’s a 1km walk north (From 40 West or East, take exit 49 from the highway and enter the shopping center parking. Continue to the north-west end of the parking lot near the Winners store).
Registration: 9:30 – 11:30
Start: 10:00 – 12:00
Courses are closed and control pick up begins at 2 pm.
Everyone must download the results after the race, even if you did not finish it. This is critical, otherwise the organizers will be looking for you.
Please consider volunteering for registration, computer data entry, start officials, controls pick up.