Dear Friends of GALFA,
It’s been a great year for GALFA and the LGBTIQ community. Over the past 12 months your support has enabled us to:
- Provide grants totalling $60,000 for life-changing projects and opportunities specifically for our community.
- Commission and release key reports into LGBTIQ Australians and homelessness
- Since launching our Small Grants program in April 2017, we have provided 11 individuals and grass-roots organisations with a small grant supporting local LGBTIQ people in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and rural locations. This included supporting the very first Pride Parade in Busselton, Western Australia.
- We funded two projects in our priority area of Disability in partnership with the Myer Foundation - one to Melba Support services to run workshops for health providers, and the other for Inclusion Melbourne to develop training materials.
- Again, with the Myer Foundation, we funded COTA Vic and Transgender Victoria to publish ‘Safeguarding the end of the rainbow: A guide to help LGBTI people in Victoria plan an end-of-life of their choice’.
- We continue to advocate in the broader philanthropic community to increase awareness of the needs of LGBTIQ Australians and grow philanthropy in this area.
- GALFA’s sub-fund, The Channel, also had a great year. Granting $30,000 to four projects, focusing on areas of Marriage Equality; young LGBTIQ people with out-of-home care experience; mentoring of otherwise isolated LGBTIQ youth, and disability and sexual expression.
We could not achieve what we do without you and your generous support. Whether through the giving of money large of small, or of your time, expertise and skill, we once again want to thank you for your ongoing commitment to GALFA and the LGBTIQ communities we serve.
To help us continue and expand our work please make an end of financial year donation today. It’s tax effective for you, and life-changing for others.