We look forward to returning to the in-person CC experience and on-campus life so many of us have missed over the past academic year.
With Summer Session starting June 2, more than 540 students enrolled, and vaccinations increasingly available, we are excited to think about a more “normal” season ahead.
Vaccines are now widely available in our community, and will be required of students, faculty, and staff by Aug. 1. CC, in alignment with CDC guidance, will modify its protocols and continue to monitor the situation, making adjustments as needed.
Arrival Protocols for Summer 2021 — effective June 1
All newly arriving students living on campus or locally off campus must:
Those students who are staying on campus or living locally and accessing campus from the end of Block 8 to Block A are not required to participate in arrival protocols, but must continue weekly testing.
- Take a COVID-19 test upon arrival and participate in weekly COVID testing for as long as they are in Colorado Springs.
- Fully vaccinated students may submit proof of vaccination via SUMMIT (link available soon) beginning May 25 and do NOT need to observe a period of enhanced social distancing upon arrival. Students must follow all campus COVID-19 protocols.
- The college will accept proof of all vaccines that have successfully gone through an approval process in any country.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated at the time of arrival must follow enhanced social distancing protocols for seven days, and should schedule their first weekly test on day seven after arrival.
- Students arriving for a Block A class with in-person components who are not fully vaccinated must arrive by May 26.
- Students arriving for Block B must arrive by June 21.
- Students arriving for Block C must arrive by July 19.
- This timeline allows for the seven-day enhanced social distancing and testing period prior to beginning in-person classes.
- Students requesting an exemption from the vaccination requirement may submit required information via SUMMIT.
- One visitor may accompany students for on-campus move-in.
All students who travel to the CC campus must follow CDC travel guidance for domestic and international travelers and additional guidance here. An updated visitor policy is also available here.
Summer classroom protocols for all students, regardless of vaccination status, will be the same as protocols for the 2020-21 academic year and include social distancing, mask wearing, and comprehensive cleaning protocols.
The deadline to apply for on-campus summer housing was May 1. The summer housing application and agreement serves as your summer campus access request and verification. If you missed this deadline, please contact the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who will be living off-campus locally and need access to campus over the summer months (Blocks A, B, and C) for coursework, employment, access to support resources, etc., must complete this Summer Campus Access Request form by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, May 12, in order to maintain general campus access. In addition to completing this form, students requesting summer campus access must continue to participate in campus COVID-19 testing and follow all campus COVID-19 risk-mitigation policies to retain this access.
ALL students, regardless of vaccine status, must continue to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
View more information about quarantine and testing guidelines.
Remember, people are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
We will continue to communicate with you as additional decisions and adjustments are made throughout the summer.
Thank you for all the ways you’ve supported one another and embraced virtual togetherness and socially distanced community. Continue to take good care of yourself.
We look forward to seeing you on campus, in person, soon!
Rochelle T. Dickey
Acting Dean of Students/Acting Vice President for Student Life
Associate Professor of Mathematics/Associate Dean of the Faculty/Scientific Advisory Group Chair
Vice President for ITS/COVID Response Leadership