This comprehensive work is focused on protecting all members of our CC community when physically returning to campus, so we can safely reopen campus for the 2020 Fall Semester.
CC employees who are able should continue to telecommute/work remotely from home until further notice. The goal is to bring students, faculty, and staff back to campus in the fall to start the 2020-21 academic year, if it is safe to do so. All Colorado College employees must remain committed to ensuring their personal safety and the safety of others as we allow a small number of employees who cannot work remotely back to campus.
The procedures outlined below are for CC employees who cannot perform their job functions remotely and who absolutely must be on campus.
Return to Work Policies for Those Who Cannot Work from Home
The following policies must be followed at all times:
- Employees who can work from home should continue to do so until further notice. Our focus is to do all we can to minimize the number of employees on campus so we can focus our efforts on a safe Fall 2020 opening.
- Before returning to work on campus, all employees must have supervisor/department chair approval, and supervisors/department chairs should examine each request to make sure the employee needs to be on campus. We are working hard to minimize the number of employees on campus.
- Employees who need to continue to observe stay-at-home protocols (those 65+ in age or who have underlying medical conditions), those who may have childcare or elder care obligations, or those who live with a person who still needs to observe stay-at-home protocols due to underlying condition, age or other factors, should do so.
- If an employee must be on campus to perform job duties, and the employee has supervisor/department chair approval, it is the supervisor’s/department chair's responsibility to ensure there are never more than 50% of their employees in the workplace at any time. This can be accomplished through staggered hours, split shifts, days on/off scheduling, etc.
- For safety and liability reasons, employees should not bring children to work.
- All travel for college business is currently restricted.
- CC discourages any out-of-state, non-essential or personal travel. Please avoid known in-state Coronavirus hot zones or Colorado counties where COVID-19 cases are on the rise. Employees should self-isolate and work from home for 14 days if they travel.
- All employees must take their own temperature before coming to the workplace. If the employee’s temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher, or more than 1.8 degrees above their normal baseline temperature, the employee must not physically report to work. The employee’s temperature must remain in the “normal” range (less than 1.8 degrees above normal) for a minimum of 72 hours before they may report to work.
- Employees experiencing any symptoms or warning signs including but not limited to fever, shivering, shaking, chills, body aches, headaches, excessive sweating, sore throat, persistent cough, sinus congestion, fatigue, etc., must not report to work until they are either symptom-free for 72 hours or have been treated by a doctor who has provided a written authorization to return to work.
- Employees who have been in close contact with family members, friends, acquaintances, etc., experiencing a fever or symptoms outlined above must not report to work for at least 72 hours from the time of the most recent physical contact.
Workplace Safeguards and Procedures
The following safeguards and procedures must be followed while in the workplace:
- Employees must wear face coverings or masks (N95, medical, cloth, etc.) at all times in the workplace. Masks must fit tightly, be clean/sanitary (masks should be washed after every use) and must completely cover the nose and mouth. The exception is when an employee is alone in an office or working alone outside; however, if someone enters the office or enters the outside workspace, masks must be worn by all parties.
- Sodexo Environmental Services will perform general daily cleaning and sanitizing in buildings and offices and will be responsible for sanitizing all workplace touch points multiple times during the day.
- Employees must wash hands and use hand-sanitizer as appropriate — when in doubt, sanitize!
- Employees must wear gloves and use sanitizing wipes to clean/disinfect keypads and touch points of any commonly shared equipment (copier, mail machine, tools, machinery, etc.) before and after use. The gloves will then be immediately disposed of in the nearest trash receptacle. It is up to each department to come up with their own sanitizing plan for their shared equipment. The same applies to shared kitchen or break room spaces and commonly used appliances in those areas.
- The college will provide sanitizing supplies, as much as possible pending availability, for use in the workplace through the Office of Environmental Health and Safety. The college will also provide a number of masks for employees, should they need them. Employees are encouraged to secure or make their own mask(s) and carry them with them at all times. Instructions for making your own mask can be found here: https://www.coloradomaskproject.com/
- Employees must practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart) at all times in the workplace. This is especially important in open floor plan work spaces.
- There will be no gatherings of more than 10 people on campus and everyone must adhere to social distancing rules.
- Even while on campus, employees are encouraged to hold meetings online/via teleconferencing; limit conference room use and gatherings in person.
- Elevators are to be used by only one person at a time.
- Employees must not share/use other employees’ equipment (phones, staplers, computers, etc.), all candy dishes must be removed, and employees must not bring in food items for group consumption.
- All campus water fountains will be out of service. Touch-free bottle fillers will remain in service.
- All campus recreational services, including the Fitness Center, will remain closed.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com. All protocols of the safer-at-home advisory must be adhered to.