GS1 DataMatrix -
A tool to improve patient safety through visibility in the supply chain
Safer, more efficient care starts with a simple scan.
In today's rapidly changing landscape, the pressure is on healthcare providers to ensure high quality patient care while working within ever increasing time and financial constraints. GS1 barcodes and standards help to address the foundational difficulties healthcare providers face and help deliver improved patient safety and cost-saving operational efficiencies.
With the help of GS1 standards, hospitals can:
- Access and manage inventory more effectively across various hospital storage locations
- Make products available when needed
- Better avoid or mitigate out-of-stock scenarios by identifying other locations as an alternative source
- Undertake more effective hospital inventory planning projections
Pharmaceutical and medical device identification & marking can have very specific needs, including:
- Encoding large amounts of variable or dynamic data (batch/lot number, expiry date, serial number, etc.) at high production speeds
- Direct part marking (e.g. marking on surgical instruments, etc.)
- Global legal and regulatory requirements that may dictate the placement of, and data encoded in a bar code symbol as well as the specific data carrier (bar code symbology) to be used
- Traceability requirements for both pharmaceuticals and medical devices
GS1 DataMatrix is the preferred two dimensional (2D) matrix bar code symbology that efficiently meets all of the needs of the pharmaceutical and medical device industry.
To find out more, click here!