Announcements and updates regarding new gTLDs:
- .vip: the registry has moved the General Availability (GA) one week ahead. The GA will now start at the 17th instead of the 23rd of May; the trademark claims period will end on the 15th instead of the 21st of August. Furthermore, the price for GA has been reduced in all tiers; member pricing has been reduced from $20.18 to $10.18.
- .motorcycles: the registry has moved all phases. Sunrise will start on the 9th of May (instead of the 6th of April) and end on the 8th of July (instead of the 5th of June). The General Availability will start on the 14th of July (instead of the 9th of June). The end of the trademark claims period moves to the 12th of October (instead of the 4th of September).
- .bet: the trademark claims period will run until the 7th of July (instead of the 1st of June).
- .game: the registry has announced the re-launch of the .game extension. A new "extended Sunrise" is scheduled from the 3rd until the 16th of May (contact us if you are a trademark holder). The Early Access Period will run from the 17th until the 24th of May. The General Availability will start at the 24th of May.
- 9 May: .insurance and .motorcycles
- 16 May: .닷넷 and .닷컴 (.com and .net in Korean)
- 1 June: .moi ('me' in French)
- 16 May: .コム ('.net' in Japanese)
- 17 May: .promo
- 10 May: .ist and .istanbul
- 12 May: .homes
- 17 May: .vip
- 23 May: .promo
- 24 May: .рус ('rus' in Cyrillic)
Early Access Program:
Some registries start their General Availability with a so-called Early Access Program (EAP). The EAP helps registrants immediately secure the domain names they’ve always wanted. Likewise, brand owners have an opportunity to obtain non-trademark domain names to help promote and protect brands, or register terms that dominate a market or industry.
- 1 June: .group and .salon
More information about the EAP and why you should use it can be found in the blog.