Announcements and updates regarding new gTLDs:
- .green: the management of .green has been taken over by Afilias. This means a couple of price changes: Sunrise renewals will be charged at the regular price; the previous $50 Sunrise renewal fee has been waived. Restore fees for .green will drop from USD 75,00 to USD 45,00.
- .motorcyles: has changed its launch schedule. Sunrise will run from the 15th of June until the 14th of August (instead of the 9th of May until the 8th of July); General Availability will start at the 18th of August (instead of the 14th of July); the trademark claims phase will end on the 16th of November (instead of the 12th of October).
- .jetzt: the management of .jetzt has been taken over by Donuts. Read our news item for more information.
- .global: has added IDN support for French, Italian and Portuguese domain names. Also the minimum length of an IDN has been reduced to 1 character.
- .promo: has extended its trademark claims phase. This phase will now end at the 9th of October 2016 (instead of the 21st of August).
- 8 June: .group and .salon
- 13 June: .コム ('.net' in Japanese)
- 14 June: .store
- 15 June: .insurance
- 22 June: .gmbh and .ltd
- 29 June: .stream
- 4 July: .autos
- 7 July: .tube
Early Access Program:
Some registries start their General Availability with a so-called Early Access Program (EAP). The EAP helps registrants immediately secure the domain names they’ve always wanted. Likewise, brand owners have an opportunity to obtain non-trademark domain names to help promote and protect brands, or register terms that dominate a market or industry.
- 7 June: .store
- 15 June: .gmbh and .ltd
More information about the EAP and why you should use it can be found in the blog.