This has been an amazing first year bringing Connecticut's only Creative Reuse Center to North Haven. Here are some of our milestones since the move:
And what do people think about what we do?
- 44% increase in square footage
- 117% increase in hours open to the public
- gained 44 free parking spaces
- our sales volume continues to climb
- increasing our ability to bring reuse programming to a wider audience
Your support of EcoWorks Creative Reuse helps us to continue that growth in 2020 effecting positive social change in our communities.
- 'This is so weird and perfect' Alice
- 'Thank you EcoWorks for always having great treasures' Ingrid
- 'As an artist and educator walking into EcoWorks' storefront, there is this special spark of excitement. Creativity and inspiration are seen in every nook and cranny. Materials available in the shop help support the 'green movement' and keep useful, necessary and often unusual materials from going to the landfill. Artists, crafters, kids and educators can find just about anything that will help start, contribute to or help finish off a creative project. The volunteer staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and supporters of the creative process while also educating their community on the benefits of reuse and upcycling materials.' Robin
- 'Hard to categorize, a crafty place (they offer events, workshops and drop-in times) - worth the trip' Mitch
- We save thousands of pounds of useful materials and teaching supplies from incineration, thereby reducing air pollution
- Provide a place for educators to realize how to incorporate conservation through waste reduction into their curriculum and the vital materials to do so
- Continue to develop outreach programming that stimulates creativity for people of all abilities
#GivingTuesday, a global day of giving, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (December 3rd), relies on peer to peer requests for support. If you are able, please consider a gift of any amount that is significant for you. Come help out at an event, or spend an afternoon at the craft table, we enjoy your efforts and are ever grateful for your contributions.
Help us meet our goal of $3000!
Thank you for believing that trash can become treasure!
Lisa Spetrini, chair