Hi <<First Name>>,
Our updates for November 2018 are below. You can also expect an email highlighting the iOS and Android product features+designs that we are gearing up to launch in early 2019 - this is the result of all the beta testing we have done over the last 8 weeks with our Android app.
1. Cash - #InProgress
- $542 in the bank, vs. last month's $2,660 (note that we're paying dev salaries & server costs every month, what is listed is the balance after making these payments)
- Raised $3,000 in Nov '18, year-to-date we've raised $26,000
- We're announcing a new pre-Seed round of $60k to be deployed over the next 10 months. Min. check size is $10k for new investors, favorable terms for existing investors. Email me if you're interested
2. Product Updates - #Leaps&Bounds
- The app is stable (we haven't had a crash in weeks)
- We're focusing on key user-interface and user-experience improvements. This will be deployed to the Google Play Store by the end of December for further public beta testing
- Work has started in moving from our private Alpha to public Beta (expected late-Jan/early-Feb 2019)
- Big shout out & thank you to our User Experience Advisor, Meghna Raghunathan, for helping us make sense of all the feedback we got, and guiding us in finalizing the design improvements
3. Big wins - #team
- We recruited a very talented and experienced Principal App Engineer to build the iOS app. Having someone on the team who has built 20+ iOS apps, many of them for large-scale organizations, is a huge boost for our morale and team dynamics
4. Team Updates - #evolving
- Amit Gupta, Principal App Engineer: responsible for the WonUpIt iOS App. Ex-Infosys & Harman/Samsung, 11+ years of iOS development and dev team management experience
- Ritesh Karmare, Android Engineer: will be leaving us at the end of this year to pursue a masters degree in computer science in Canada/Germany. He will be moving back home to Mumbai in Jan 2019 and will continue to work with us on a consulting part-time basis (while studying for the GRE). He has been a tremendous asset to WonUpIt ever since he joined in Nov '17. We are excited to see where he takes his experience at WonUpIt in his life and career
- On the lookout for:
- QA Testing Engineer: had a false start with one candidate, now back to interviewing more
- Android Engineer: looking to fill the position by Feb 1st, 2019
- Current team: Coca Prajesh (Senior Software Engineer, backend stack), Amit Gupta (Principal App Engineer, iOS), Tanveer Chandok (Lead Designer)
5. Questions and Concerns - #CanYouHelp?
- We're looking for an introduction to Pear VC (https://www.pear.vc). While we will only be ready to pitch them after we launch and have our cohort retention numbers, we'd love to be introduced to them early on. We love their investment thesis and how they define product-market fit
- Similarly, we'd love an introduction to First Round Capital (https://firstround.com)
- Here are links to their LinkedIn profiles. If you know anyone there and would be happy to introduce us, let me know and I will send you everything that is needed for an intro
We've been in R&D for four years; ideating, building & launching multiple iterations of our vision of a world where user-generated content is gamified. A lot of our competitors are dead and gone, they gave up way too early. We've gone from outsourcing work to contractors, to a part-time team and finally to a full-time team who is willing to make huge sacrifices (salary & time) to back & build our shared vision. 2019 is going to be a breakthrough year for us. We've proven that we know how to build and launch apps, and market them on a shoestring budget to a large audience.
Our goal, for now, is to get the iOS and Android apps into the right hands and maintain high engagement retention numbers, organically.
We're chasing product-market fit. Ideation and R&D came before; scale will come later.
Thanks for your continued support!
Upwards and Onwards,
Co-Founder, Lead Designer & CxO
Social media, gamified.
PS: what do you think of this tagline? 🧐