Hi <<First Name>>,
We ended 2018 on a high note: QA Engineer hired, great progress on the iOS app, Android app v1.9-beta launched for testing. As we look to the new year, our focus is on Beta Testing both the iOS and Android apps at the same time (starting Feb 1st, 2019) and then counting down the days to launching the production versions of the product.
We are confident in the product design, tech, team, market size, and opportunity. Our sole focus for 2019 is going to be on getting our product in the right customer's hands. Product-market fit is our New Year's resolution!
1. Cash - #raising$$$
- $377 in the bank, vs. last month's $542. $10k in funding secured as of writing this update
- Total cash raised in 2018 = $26,000
- We're in the process of closing a pre-Seed round of $60k to be deployed over the next 10 months. Min. check size is $10k for new investors, favorable terms for existing investors. Email me if you're interested
2. Product Updates - #NearlyThere!
- App completely updated based on 2018 testing & feedback
- v1.9-beta released and tested. Only 2 critical bugs found
- Beta testing launch date is Feb 1st, 2019
3. Big wins - #TestEngineer
- We've wanted a test engineer on our team for a while. It's been a lot harder than expected to find someone with the right background, drive, and mentality for this role. As we look towards launching our product for iOS and Android, this is going to be a critical job. Our QA Engineer starts work on Jan 7th and will be responsible for manual testing the apps, as well as developing robo-testing scripts.
4. Team Updates - #JustOneMore
- Ram Kumar, Software Engineer - Quality Assurance: responsible for all manual and automated testing of the iOS and Android apps
- Ritesh Karmare, part-time Android Engineer: Ritesh left our full-time team in Dec '18 to pursue a masters degree. He will be joining our team as a part-time contractor to provide continuity to the Android product until our new full-time engineer is hired
- On the lookout for:
- Android Engineer: looking to fill the position by Feb 1st, 2019
- Current team: Coca Prajesh (Senior Software Engineer, backend stack), Amit Gupta (Principal App Engineer, iOS), Tanveer Chandok (Lead Designer), Ram Kumar (Software Engineer, Quality Assurance), Ritesh Karmare (part-time Android Engineer).
5. Questions and Concerns - #CanYouHelp?
- We're currently in talks with new and existing investors to raise our 2019 funding round. Any leads to Angel investors would be appreciated!
Thanks for your continued support!
Upwards and Onwards,
Co-Founder, Lead Designer & CxO