Hi <<First Name>>,
We rigorously tested the iOS app and launched our production servers in Feb. We are dealing with bugs and stabilizing the product, after which we will release profile and on-boarding updates.
We made our first non-technical hire to help manage our roll-out at college campuses in Bangalore. We will be activating our Campus Ambassador and Campus Rep programs in March.
We also updated our business description & pitch deck for 2019: "WonUpIt is a gamified social media marketplace for content creators to share videos/photos on curated themes and collect redeemable medals from reactors."
1. Cash -
- $740 in the bank, vs. last month's $1,569
- Total cash raised in 2019 so far = $10,000
- Pre-Seed round for 2019: raise on-going ($10k closed). Seed round: discussions on-going
2. Product Updates -
- Production servers are ready and deployed
- We will move our testers from the Test servers to the Production servers
- Once this is done, there will be no more dummy "Beta testing WonUpIt" posts for real users to see. Once the public app is hosted on our Production servers, our testers will transition into being users
- All internal testing will happen privately on our test apps (currently internal + public beta is happening on the same app)
3. Big wins - #NonTechHire
- Bringing on board a Community Manager has been a big step for us! This role will be responsible for managing our Campus Ambassadors and Reps at colleges campuses in Bangalore (and eventually pan-India). Our GTM strategy is being developed and tested at Mount Carmel College
4. Team Updates - #Shufflin'
- Sandeep Debnath: we hired him on a Friday night at 8pm. The next morning at 9am he pitched WonUpIt to 100+ girls at Mount Carmel College. Enough said 🔥🔥🔥
- Parting ways:
- Coca Prajesh (Senior Software Engineer): Coca has delivered an incredibly robust and reliable WonUpIt gamification engine. We will now go into an incremental maintenance mode to be handled by a junior engineer. All the heavy lifting of building a microservices architecture has been accomplished
- Amit Kumar (Principle App Architect): Amit has laid all the groundwork for our updated iOS app, as well as overseen the architecture of the Android product. A junior iOS engineer will take his place to focus more heavily on the UI/UX
Hiring: we're focusing on recruiting younger engineers who are more inclined towards UI/UX since a strong architectural foundation has been built by our senior engineers
- Android Developer
- Backend + DevOps Developer
- iOS Developer
Thanks for your continued support!
Upwards and Onwards,
Co-Founder, Lead Designer & CxO