LPRC & NAHJ will be announcing shortly a partnership between the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) and LPRC to extend NAHJ Membership to LPRC stations. You are receiving this email because you are one of our identified Member Stations.
Your LPRC 2018 Membership will include a 2018 NAHJ Membership for one individual at your station. The 2018 NAHJ Membership will include access to & participation in:
To ensure receipt of LPRC & NAHJ membership benefits, we need to officiate membership for all our stations. Therefore, each Station must register via the link below to take full advantage of the following Membership Services:
- NAHJ trainings;
- Member discounts to all NAHJ events & conferences;
- Participation at the 2018 LPRC Latino Summit to be held at the #NAHJ18 Conference in Miami, FL, and
- Participation in NAHJ & LPRC Network Events designed to bring together Latino journalists near station sites.
- Collaboration, Talent & Training Tools:
- 2018 Membership to the National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Access to all NAHJ trainings, events & conferences at member rate
- Participation in LPRC’s 2018 Latino Summit to be held at the #NAHJ18 Conference in Miami July 18-21
- Opportunities to collaborate with general market stations seeking to work with Latino stations
- Latino Desk Support: Have a question about fundraising, governance, compliance, community engagement or day-to-day operations? Shoot us an e-mail, give us a call or reach out via the FB Group forum. We’re your sounding board.
- Community Engagement Tools:
- Access to an initiative entitled STEM Mio (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) developed by Arizona State University’s Center for Games & Impact & their partners to provide stations who participate a dynamic gaming platform, online video segments & educational curriculum guides. In partnership with CGI, LPRC will work closely with stations to utilize STEM Mio as a community engagement tool to increase Latino STEM participation. The initiative and LPRC’s support can help stations increase engagement, listeners, local partners & secure local underwriters. Training for this initiative to be held at the 2018 Latino Summit.
- Fundraising Tools:
- Participation in LPRC’s National Underwriting Campaigns with Corporate Sponsors seeking to access your station’s market;
- Your station can elect to participate, at a low-cost, in the LPRC Audience Measurement project to provide your station with better and valid listener data. Contact the Latino Desk to learn more about this project.
- Social Media Connections:
- Facebook Network Group: A closed group for station-to-station sharing of information and activities happening at Latino Stations;
- Más Shoutouts where we recognize the accomplishments of Latinos in public media via blogs & social media.
JOIN TODAY TO SUPPORT A NATIONALLY STRONG
LATINO–CONTROLLED PUBLIC MEDIA!
To receive membership benefits Stations must register for 2018 Member Services; please fill out the LPRC member registration form. Questions? Contact the Latino Desk.