Social Media Resources:
GiveBig to MyStation/
December 29 & 30, 2016
First, LPRC wants to wish you the warmest and happiest of holidays! ¡Felicidades!
We also want to share our expectations for the Latino stations participating in the GiveBig to MyStation/Fortalece TuEstación initiative:
- increased funding
- expanded social media activities
- additional listeners & volunteers
- a better understanding of how each station is an asset to its community
And, now, several tips to keep moving in that direction:
Many donors will be inspired by the holiday season to be more generous.
Make it super easy for donors making last-minute online gifts.
Bring the “donate” tab to them.
Take down your home page as the landing page through the end of the year. Replace it with your donation page.
Confirm that your MyStation webpage is fully functional and populated with the information that you want to show your donors.
Message is everything.
Craft your year-end appeal:
- feature a story with an emotional hook.
- highlight donors as the superheroes of your organization.
- have a specific call to action and a sense of urgency.
Remember that an image is worth more than 1,000 words: photos, videos, even testimonials are powerful tools.
You do not have to reinvent the wheel!
Ideas and templates are available:
And last, but not least!
LPRC will be creating social media content posts that you can repost! And your station’s posts will be highlighted and reposted so that their reach is national!
- Follow the hashtags #fortalecetuestacion & #maspublicmedia targeted to Latino followers
- Send LPRC your station's videos
- Posting will be done in both English and Spanish
Add Periscope to your social media, as it gives more capability to go live from anywhere and connect with listeners. Easy app to download. Free!
Go live from anywhere at any time and then when you're done #fortalecetuestacion & #maspublicmedia!
Use the handle @LatPubRadio, Give Big and HAVE FUN!
— LPRC Station Services