Richmond, CA, April 4, 2019– The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show kicks off its celebration of sailing, boating, and the marine sport lifestyle with events and exhibits for all generations of maritime enthusiasts over four days in Richmond, CA from Thursday, April 4 through Sunday, April 7, 2019.
Over 150 boat show exhibitors pack the Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor. A lineup of over 50 seminars provide something for everyone form learning how to maintain diesel engines by expert Nigel Calder, to how to read the weather, to planning a trip around the world – one destination at a time. There are free seminars every day – details: https://pacificboatshow.com/seminar-type/free/. This year the boats play an exciting part in the show and visitors don’t want to miss them – they can get on them, take a tour and even be able to take the wheel with two of them!
“We are thrilled to have so many exhibitors, new boats, products and interactive events to involve the community this year,” says Katie Kelly, Sail America’s Association Manager. “Attendees will find the latest boat communications technology, boats, solar panels, and some younger community participants this year, including Groundwork Richmond’s young environmentalists and West Contra Costa County Sea Scouts, who will teach kayaking and rope knotting. Sail America is proud to host the boating industry in the Bay area.”
Boating enthusiasts are anticipating the debut of two new boats, the J/99 and the RS21, as the show continues to attract new exhibitors and attendees from across the nation and around the world. New sail and power boats displayed include Beneteau Yachts, Catalina, Corsair Catamaran, Cruisers Yachts, Hanse Yachts, Jeanneau, Princess Yachts, Riviera Yachts, RS, TF10 Class Association, Tiara Yachts, and more. New and exciting marine products include the CX0300 Diesel Outboard, EFOY Comfort Mobile Fuel Cell, Flexible Solar Panel, Inflatable Yacht Docks, Seadek Colors, and the SiOnyx Night Vision Camera.
Activities for the whole family at Shoreline Park and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor:
- Boat tours
- Free Stand Up Paddle lessons by 510-Waterline Saturday, 9 am – 1 pm
- Radio-controlled model yacht racing, every day - favorite free activity for everybody
- Free Kayak lessons Saturday 10 am – 3 pm Groundwork Richmond, the next generation of environmental stewards, will teach visitors to kayak around the harbor
- U.S. Coast Guard Helicopter Water Rescue: Saturday and Sunday 10 am - 3 pm - (dependent upon Coast Guard priorities).
- TGIF Party: On Friday, April 5th at 6 pm, boat show attendees join Latitude 38 and Twin Rivers Marine Insurance for their annual TGIF party at Assemble Restaurant. Music, small bites from Assemble and local East Brother craft beer provided by Latitude 38; Northern California wines provided by Twin Rivers; celebrity sailors, fellow boat enthusiasts and more.
- Cruisers Party: On Saturday, April 6th at 6 pm, Cruising Outpost’s Cruisers Party and raffle will raise money for Call of the Sea, which works with Educational Tall Ships Foundation Project in Sausalito, CA. A one-week sailboat charter in the British Virgin Islands is one of the grand prizes of the raffle. Guests will enjoy the Eric Stone Band, along with complimentary food and beverages.
The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show celebrates sailing, boating, and the marine sport lifestyle over four days in Richmond, CA from Thursday, April 4 through Sunday, April 7. The show is in its fourth year at Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond, CA and will be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Details online at http://www.PacificBoatShow.com, on Twitter @PacificBoatShow and on Facebook PacificSailandPowerBoatShow
About Sail America
Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show is produced by Sail America. Sail America is the trade association for the U.S. sailing industry and plays a leadership role for all companies that are involved in providing sailing-related products and services. Established in 1990, Sail America works hard to support the success of its member businesses and the sailing industry. www.sailamerica.com
Photos and logos available upon request or access The Press Room. https://www.sfonthebay.com/press/