St Thomas Railway City Rotary Club Minutes - March 3, 2021
Attendance: Scott C., Al, Sandy, Diane, Bill, Ann, Mark, Sue, Bob, Helen, Roger, Dagmar, Paul, Kathy, Natalie, Brian, Wade, Roland Regrets: N/A Guests: Carolyn Ferguson, Jackson
Welcome - President Scott @ 5:30 pm O' Canada 4 Way Test
Guest Speaker - welcome by Diane
RI Major Donors & Benefactors - Carolyn Ferguson
Senior Major Gift Officer - FT member of RI looks over 3 zones
Impact & Innovation - Our Rotary Foundation
- Four Star Charity - highest rating
- 3 reasons for support - Impact, Trust, Choice
How do we serve humanity?
Polio Eradication, Peace Building through our Rotary Peace Centers Programs & Grants - both global and district
- Three types of Polio - type 2 eradicated in 2015, Type 3 was officially announced as eradicated in 2019 leaving just one active type.
- Rotary Polio Resource Centers are being used as COVID 19 testing sites in Pakistan.
- Rotary Peace Centers program - created in 2002 to identify and train highly qualified professionals to become agents of peace
How do they recognize the valued support to our Rotary Foundation?
Club Level - EREY, Paul Harris Fellows and Paul Harris Society
Two additional recognition families - Major Donors and AKS
Major Donor - Outright or cumulative gifts of US$10,000 or more
Arch Klumph Society (AKS) - Outright or cumulative gifts of US$250,000 or more
"We should not live for ourselves alone, but for the joy in doing good for others." Arch Klumph
Financial - Helen
Fundraising - Paul
International - Mark F
Local Community Service - Sandy
- Sandy has official needs list for the Inn Out of the Cold and will share with the Club
- Paul is bringing meal this Sunday to the Inn
Rotary Youth Exchange - Al G
Administration - Bill C
- Scott shared that Toastmaster invited the Club to their meeting Thursday, March 4, 2021. Contact Scot if interested.
- Bill is waiting to talk to the Board re: Chamber Membership
- St. Thomas Club would like to join us on our Environmental Cleanup Day.
March 31, 2021 - Sharps/Naloxone Training