St Thomas Railway City Rotary Club Minutes - December 2, 2020
Attendance: Scott C., Al, Roland, Sandy, Diane, Bill, Ann, Helen, Sue, Wade, Mark, Kathy, Paul, Eleanor, Natalie, Roland, Scott V, Roger, Dagmar Regrets: N/A Guests: Dr. Chehadi
Welcome - President Scott @ 5:30 pm O' Canada 4 Way Test
Dr. Chehadi - Chief of Staff STEGH - Cardio Health
- most common form of heart disease is atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia
- Ischemic heart disease
- narrowing of the arteries
- atherosclerotic plaque limits blood flow
- chest pain if partial occlusion
- heart attack if critical or total occlusion
Long Term Outcomes
- mortality has drastically improved over the past 30 years due to advanced medical care and reperfusion therapies.
- injections acute/chronic
- pills, aspirin, beta blockers
What can be done to prevent it?
- diet, exercise (30 minutes a day 5 days a week), medication, healthy lifestyle
Woman are at higher risk for heart disease
Two top tips - get active, stop smoking
Financial - Helen
Fundraising - Paul
International - Mark F
Local Community Service - Sandy
- Christmas lights will ne set up this Friday @ 1pm
- Diane updated us on our Christmas packages $5600 total, $3000 will go to the YWCA and $2600 to the teens. Mark is getting the notes together. Delivery dates at the YWCA December 8 and December 11.
- Senior Project - Kathy sent email out from Jessica training dates (Zoom) are January 11, 2021 10 -1230 or January 19, 2021 630-8
- Al updated us on the dictionary project - all dictionaries delivered at a cost of approximately $1100. We can no longer use district grants, need to discuss options moving forward.
- Wade - apple picking 10 -12 people, 2 - 90 minute sessions 9am and 1030 am on December 5.
- Roland - update on Salvation Army kettles all shifts are full