St Thomas Railway City Rotary Club Minutes - February 12, 2020
Attendance: Al G, Helen C, Roger C, Dagmar W, Ann L, Sandy W, Anna, Scott C Regrets: Diane C, Bill C, Mark F, Paul N, Natalie R, Barb C Guests: Emily, Christine, Larade, Karen A, Richard A, Hillary V
Welcome - President Scott @ 5:30 pm O' Canada 4 Way Test
Hilary Vaughn - Lawyer
- significant Community involvement
-wills are more complicated than they used to be, because of the family structure were more flexible.
- Hilary talked about the increasingly complexity of wills, and the importance of anticipating family changes including divorce, bankruptcy and government fee changes.
- Hilary gave a couple of interesting examples including the following: You include a married with child with ownership in your house, the child goes bankrupt. Your house may be seized by creditors. Hilary's talk was extremely informative and interested. Hillary answered questions from the members and guests.
-Scott thanked Hilary for her presentation
Fundraising - Paul N
International - Mark F
Local Community Service - Sandy
- Sandy gave an update on the Shamrock Shuffle that is slating for morning of March 14. Sandy shared a sheet with tasks that require volunteers, and Wade will email an electronic copy. HELP is needed!
Rotary Youth Exchange - Al G
- Emily reported that her country assignment was changed from Japan to South Korea
- Anna gave an updated on her ski trip and was pleased to report that she had fun and came back without anything broken
Administration - Bill C
Open House for Helen and Roger 50th wedding anniversary is from 2:00pm - 4:30pm on March 14 at the Wayside Restaurant. All are invited