SCCR 6th National Conference - Conquering Conflict, let's break the mould
On Wednesday the SCCR held it 6th National Conference. Over 100 people from across Scotland and beyond came together representing a whole range of different organisations and families to talk about conflict, it's impact on family life and how we can work together to bring about change.
The SCCR were delighted to be in a position to welcome highly regarded speakers in their respected field including:
- Drew Drummond, Drummond International & SCCR Patron
- Ewan Aitken, Cyrenians
- Ailsa Carmichael QC, Faculty of Advocates
- Dr Sara Watkin
- Aileen Campbell, MSP, Minister for Children and Young People
- Professor Charlie Irvine, Strathclyde University
- David Duke, Chief Executive of Street Soccer Scotland
- Norman Drummond CBE FRSE, Drummond International
There was a brilliant buzz in the room while people shared their own personal experiences of conflict and the reasons they had chosen to become involved in the work that they do. For some "conquering conflict" was about hope - A hope of changing the culture of conflict in Scotland. For others "breaking the mould" was about choosing how to manage conflict differently in their own lives and making a choice to respond in a new way.
Change, Hope, and Kindness were 3 of the common themes running throughout the conversation being had.