A Message from Ron Turley, VFW Corporate President
The VFW Country Club is responsible for running the business side of the VFW. We need to look back over the past year or so and reflect on just a few of the accomplishments and especially thank the members who volunteered with no pay on these projects which saves money. many thanks also go to the board of directors who recommended that I present proposals to the VFW for funding or approved same in our budget.
1. Had an ice machine moved next to the old pro shop up next to elevator room and gave old area to sea scouts.
2. I installed metal shelving in men's old locker room for more storage area.
3. Had hot water heater moved into the same room for more liquor room storage space.
4. Had VFW post railings painted on all sides but west side and windows caulked.
5. Purchased 25 new bar stools for the lounge at a savings of $4200 with the sale price. Another savings of $1600 was made because Steve Farmer, Michael Bradley and Eric Main who came to my house several Saturdays and helped assembly them. Average time for two men was 30 minutes a chair using 62 metal parts in each chair. Many thanks go to them.
The year 2020 will soon be here and more projects are envisioned for improvement to your post home for veterans and their family members. Merry Christmas and happy new year to all and thanks for your support.