Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination Report: Louisiana
This quarter’s HPV Vaccination Report focuses on establishing partnerships to increase rates. Immunization programs can improve HPV vaccination rates by leveraging partnerships with local and state-based organizations. Read the report here
Return to article list.
Louisiana Tumor Registry - Pediatric cancer reporting requirements
The Louisiana Tumor Registry (LTR) would like to remind you of pediatric cancer reporting requirements specified in the legislative rules (Louisiana Register, Vol. 39, No.12, 2013, pp.3304-3308). The LTR is mandated by state law to collect data on all cancer cases diagnosed and/or treated in the state, and as a public health authority, the LTR is exempt from HIPAA patient consent rules.
In 2008, the US Congress signed into law the Caroline Pryce Walker Conquer Childhood Cancer Act, which created the Early Case Capture of Pediatric and Young Adult Cancers program (ECC) to increase the availability of timely pediatric cancer data for the surveillance, clinical, and research communities. The LTR responded by enhancing its routine cancer surveillance activities and building sustainable infrastructure for identifying new pediatric and young adult (ages 0‐19) cancer cases within 30 days of diagnosis.
1. Submissions should be made within 30 days of diagnosis.
2. Submissions should include a minimum set of data elements (race, address, site, and histology) or a pathology report and demographic data.
3. This is especially important for clinically diagnosed cases and those referred out of state for treatment.
4. Submissions can be made via fax (504-568-5800) or the LTR’s secure online tool, WebPlus.
For more information on how to report cases to the LTR, please contact Brent Mumphrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website here.
Back to Article List
Potential defect in EpiPens prompts recall in U.S.
Thirteen lots of EpiPen and EpiPen Jr products in the U.S. are being recalled because of a potential defect that could prevent the epinephrine injector devices from activating.
- Read complete article here.
- For a list of the recalled lots of EpiPens, click here..
- Read the safety alert from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) here.
Back to Article List