SELLERS - Are You Selling Over The Holidays?
Should you decorate? A lot of clients trying to sell during the holidays ask the question, “Can I put my tree up? Can I decorate?” The answer is, Yes! Just be mindful of a few things when you do it.
1. Don’t overdo it. Less is definitely more at this time of year. You want to give a cozy holiday feel, but too much can overwhelm a potential buyer and they can’t picture what the house looks like the rest of the year.
2. Make sure anything you put out is in good repair. If you put up Christmas lights make sure they all work and that they are hung neatly.
3. If your home is open concept, make sure you’re not blocking any views. Also make sure that people can still move freely around your home, don’t make it an obstacle course.
4. Make sure that none of your decorations are covering up or hiding key architectural features: such as fireplaces, built-in’s, art niches, etc.
5. DON'T put any presents under the tree - This one is from 'Captain Safety' Tina. :)
A decorated home at this time of year can really make your home feel inviting if you keep these things in mind.