For immediate release
Global Advisors announces world’s first regulator approved Bitcoin Investment Fund.
Global Advisors Jersey Limited (“GAJL”), an investment management company based in Jersey, has today announced that it has received regulatory approval for a Bitcoin Investment fund. The Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund (‘GABI’) has received certification from the Jersey Financial Services Commission (“JFSC”) and will launch August 1st 2014. The Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund will operate within the Collective Investment Funds (Jersey) Law 1998 as an Expert Fund.
Daniel Masters, Director of GAJL commented:
“Global Advisors is thrilled to be able to bring a robust Bitcoin fund product to the market. Our long experience in commodities means we are well placed to manage volatility and performance risks in this fast growing and opportunistic asset class.”
“Jersey, rightly prides itself on being among the top tier of jurisdictions when it comes to compliance and has proven many times that innovation in new financial products and the highest regulatory standards are not mutually exclusive. This is why we have chosen to domicile the Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund in Jersey, to bring together the benefits of a secure environment with an exciting new technology.”
“After a rigorous selection process we have chosen leading service providers Carey Olsen as legal advisers, led by James Mulholland, Moore Management as fund administrator, and Netagio and Elliptic as providers of custody services to strengthen and enhance our fund offering.”
“We look forward to working with our service providers and colleagues who will be supporting GABI and helping Digital Jersey to cement Jersey’s fast growing reputation in the digital currency space.”
Jean-Marie Mognetti, Director of GAJL will be attending this week CoinSummit London, at the invitation of Pamir Gelenbe and Gulnar Hasnain, organisers and founders of this event. He will be able to meet the press and seat with potential investors.
For all media enquiries:
Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited
Phone: +44 1 534 513100
GABI on Twitter: @GABIjersey
- Global Advisors provides professional asset
management in stocks, commodities and Bitcoin for accredited investors. The Company was founded in 1999 and relocated from London and New York to Jersey in 2009. The team has over 60 years of combined research and trading experience using proprietary models and technologies that instil discipline and manage risk. . (http://www.globaladvisors.co.uk)
- Jersey is one of the world's leading International Finance Centres. Reliability, political and economic stability, and a sophisticated and comprehensive infrastructure of laws have kept Jersey at the forefront of global finance for over 50 years. Jersey has a Standard & Poors AA+ rating. (http://www.jerseyfinance.je/jersey-the-international-finance-centre)
- Moore Management, a First Names Group company, is an independent provider of Fund management, administration and corporate governance services for institutional and corporate clients who are located across the world’s major financial centres. The Group has offices in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Tokyo and Bermuda. (http://www.mooremanagement.com)
- Netagio provides ISAE accredited storage/wallets for Bitcoins using the most secure methods available (deep cold storage) and distributes the stored Bitcoins across multiple physical locations. In addition to their wallet service, Netagio offers the ability to buy and sell Bitcoins with major national currencies. Netagio also offers the option to trade physical investment grade gold for Bitcoins and storage of the gold. (http://www.netagio.com)
- Elliptic provides custody services for Bitcoin and other digital currencies. Operating the world’s first insured storage service for Bitcoin, Elliptic's services also include portfolio reporting and performance analytics. Elliptic's team of industry professionals have deep expertise in financial services, security, and digital currency regulation, which makes them uniquely capable of meeting their customers' business needs. They help clients take their first steps with digital currencies, and enable them to integrate this burgeoning asset class into their existing processes. (http://elliptic.co)
- Carey Olsen advises on all fund structures including open and closed-ended, limited partnerships, unit trusts and companies. We act for the highest number of domiciled schemes of any law firm across Jersey and Guernsey (Monterey Insight Annual Fund Survey June 2013), represent more companies and funds listed on the London Stock Exchange than any other offshore law firm (The Corporate Advisers Rankings Guide, May 2014) and regularly advise on listings on the NYSE and HKEx, Euronext and CISE. Our leading market position sees us advise across the full range of asset classes including credit and debt funds, clean tech funds, real estate funds, retail and listed funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, hedge funds and infrastructure funds. (http://www.careyolsen.com)
- Digital Jersey is an independent limited company, funded by the government of Jersey. It represents a community of stakeholders including industry, government, students and the residents of the island and provides support and liaison between these groups to act as an accelerator for the digital economy. (https://www.digital.je)
- GA Consulting Jersey is a consultancy business specialised in providing compliance solutions to regulated entities. Our goal is to help reduce the regulatory burden by providing cutting edge and bespoke compliance solutions. We help Bitcoin businesses understand the current Jersey regulatory framework. GA Consulting provides regulatory guidance to Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited and to the recently established Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund. (email@example.com)