We are excited to be featured in a Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) video!
TNWildlife.org came out to film us while we surveyed the Caney Fork River during a joint project supported by the Cumberland Chapter of Trout Unlimited (TU), TWRA, and Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation (TDEC).
One Survey Has Many Uses!
- High Definition Stream Surveys (HDSS) were collected at 3 different flow rates below Center Hill Dam to assess potential impacts of changes to hydropower generation water releases.
- We covered 28 miles of the Caney Fork River from the Dam to the confluence with the Cumberland River.
- HDSS provides a complete documentation of stream bank conditions, instream habitat and cover, and water quality throughout the river.
- The HDSS effort was completed in conjunction with the TWRA Trout Sampling and provides high quality habitat availability to go with their catch data.
- With HDSS, TWRA and TU can locate optimum trout habitat for protection and define which areas need improvement to enhance the very popular trout fishery.
- USACE can use the HDSS results to better understand how generation water releases interact with trout habitat to allow better management the river for everyone's benefit.
More Data, Better Quality, Lower Cost