The Greeter will be based at the Blush Hill Access Area at Waterbury Reservoir. The Waterbury Reservoir is located in central Vermont at the crossroads of the world-class resort towns of Stowe, Bolton, and Waterbury and yet offers a remote experience for users. It is fed by the Little River from the north and ultimately flows through the Waterbury Dam and into Winooski River which is a major tributary of the Lake Champlain Basin Watershed. The Reservoir a rich ecological and recreational resource bordered almost entirely by State forest lands, two State parks, with one private landowner. The Reservoir is recognized as a unique resource and an important conservation and economic asset for the people of the State of Vermont.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and have access to reliable transportation
• Previous experience in public outreach and education
• Outgoing and friendly disposition: comfortable approaching and interacting with strangers
• Self-motivated (greeter will often work alone); ability to adapt in unstructured settings
• Ability to accurately record data and notes
• Passion for ecology and Friends of Waterbury Reservoir’s mission
• Available for a paid training from 9am-1pm on: April 30, May 7, May 16, May 18 or June 4
• Degree or pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies/Sciences or Natural Resources
• Data Analysis skills
• Knowledge of or experience working on invasive species management
• Experience coordinating volunteers
• Experience working outdoors
• Complementary 2016 season pass to Waterbury Center State Park
• Gain experience in public outreach, environmental education and data collection
• Exposure to State of VT and Non-profit professionals
• Outside all day!
This is an excellent opportunity for retired individuals with an interest in ecology, full time workers with free weekends, or college students or recent grads looking to build their resumes.
How to Apply:
• Submit cover letter and resume (including 2 references) via email with the subject heading “Public Access Greeter Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline: 5/6/2016
More information about Friends of Waterbury Reservoir can be found at:
More information about the State of Vermont’s Greeter Programs can be found at: