The Federal Reserve kept its key interest rate at 0.0-0.25 percent at the September policy meeting.
• Fed Fund Rate Hike Delay: What is the Impact on Indonesian Stocks & Rupiah?
Bank Indonesia kept its key interest rate (BI rate) at 7.50 percent in September.
• Bank Indonesia Press Release: BI Rate Held at 7.50% in September
Indonesia posted a USD $433.8 million trade surplus in August 2015.
• Balance of Trade Indonesia: 9th Straight Monthly Trade Surplus in August 2015
Singapore and Malaysia plagued by haze caused by forest fires in Sumatra and Kalimantan.
• Indonesia’s Forest Fires & Haze Plague Singapore and Malaysia
Morgan Stanley now considers the rupiah and ringgit as most attractive emerging currencies.
• Morgan Stanley: Indonesia’s Rupiah & Malaysia’s Ringgit Most Attractive Now
Bank Indonesia cut its 2016 forecast for economic growth in Indonesia.
• Bank Indonesia Cuts 2016 Forecast Economic Growth Indonesia, Keeps High BI Rate
Indonesia to offer more attractive profit sharing schemes to boost investment in oil & gas.
• Oil & Gas Blocks for Sale in Indonesia: Profit Sharing Made more Attractive
Indonesia’s foreign debt growth slowed in July by 3.7 percent (y/y) to a total of USD $303.7 billion.
• Public and Private Foreign Debt Growth Indonesia Slowed in July 2015
Interest payments to lenders are no longer considered tax deductible in specific cases.
• Indonesia Introduces Tighter Regulations Regarding Tax Deductible Interest Payments
The Indonesian government plans to raise tobacco taxes by 23 percent in 2016.
• Tobacco Industry Indonesia Concerned about Looming Tax Hike
Indonesia had 28.59 million poor people in March 2015, or 11.22 percent of the population.
• Statistics Indonesia: Poverty in Indonesia Rises on High Inflation
Coal production in Indonesia fell 15.4 percent to 263 million tons in the first eight months of 2015.
• Coal Production in Indonesia Down 15.4% to 263 Million Tons in January-August
Soon it will be easier for foreigners to open a foreign currency bank account.
• How Can a Foreigner (Expat) Open a Foreign Currency Bank Account in Indonesia?
Our business-to-business (B2B) platform is the online meeting point for companies
• Business Platform Indonesia
How can foreigners obtain a visit stay permit and which activities are allowed under such a permit?
• Visitors Permit for Foreigners in Indonesia