The Indonesian economy expanded by 5.18% (y/y) in Q2-2016, exceeding all expectations.
• Household Consumption, Public Investment Boost Indonesian Economy
Shouldn't Bank Indonesia have cut the key interest rate at its latest policy meeting?
• Indonesia's Monetary & Fiscal Policies Require More Harmony
Indonesia's inflation rate reached 0.69% (m/m) in July, considerably below analysts' forecasts.
• Economic Update Indonesia: July Inflation & Manufacturing Activity
Indonesia's once rapidly developing manufacturing industry is now in need of a boost.
• Manufacturing Industry Indonesia in Need of Development
The stock exchanges of Indonesia & Malaysia are to develop a World Sharia Stock Market Center.
• Indonesia & Malaysia to Develop Global Center for Islamic Capital Markets
Indonesia expected to issue a moratorium on new coal mining concessions soon.
• Commodities Indonesia: Moratorium on New Coal Mining Concessions
Many Indonesians consume cigarettes. Matthew Myers visited Indonesia to warn of the dangers.
• Matthew Myers: Indonesia Not Protected from the Dangers of Smoking
Construction of the high-speed Jakarta-Bandung railway project could start soon.
• Construction Jakarta-Bandung High-Speed Railway Project to Start?
Can the government's ambitious targets be achieved? What are the results so far?
• Update Tax Amnesty Program of Indonesia: Results So Far?
Some 5.3 million foreign tourists visited Indonesia in the first half of 2016, up 5.9% (y/y).
• Tourism Indonesia: Foreign Tourist Arrivals Rise 5.9% in H1-2016
Islamic activists want the law to criminalize sexual acts between adults of the same gender.
• Remarkable News: Indonesia to Make Gay Sex a Crime?
An overview of trade fairs, expos and exhibitions that are organized in Indonesia.
• Trade Fairs, Expos & Exhibitions in Indonesia
Our business-to-business (B2B) platform is the online meeting point for companies
• Business Platform Indonesia