Five terrorists and two civilians were killed in terrorist attacks in Jakarta on Thursday.
• Terrorist Attack Jakarta: Explosions & Gunfire in Central Jakarta - Update
Bank Indonesia cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points to 7.50% at the January meeting.
• Bank Indonesia Cuts Interest Rate (BI Rate) to 7.25% in January
Indonesia posted a trade deficit of USD $230 million in December 2015.
• Indonesia Posts Trade Deficit in December, Surplus in 2015
Foreigners are allowed to own landed houses in Indonesia for a period up to 80 years.
• New Regulation: Foreigners Can Own Landed Houses in Indonesia
Former Religious Affairs Minister Suryadharma Ali was sentenced to six years in jail.
• Corruption in Indonesia: Suryadharma Ali Found Guilty by Jakarta Corruption Court
The ASEAN Economic Community has come into effect at the start of the year.
• Indonesia & ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) - Introduction
The government revised an existing regulation in order to support growth in the property sector.
• Property Sector: Tax Incentive for Indonesia's First-Time Home Buyers
Bank Artos Indonesia became the first company to list on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2016.
• IPO News Indonesia: Bank Artos Listed on the Stock Exchange
New economic centers and cities may rise along the 142 km-long Jakarta-Bandung railway.
• New Cities and Economic Centers along the Jakarta-Bandung Railway
Indonesia's government debt rose to 27 percent of the country's gross domestic product.
• Outstanding Government Debt Indonesia 27% of GDP in 2015
About the visa-free visit facility and whether the terrorist attacks impact on the tourism industry.
• Tourism Indonesia: Visa-Free Visits & Impact Terrorist Attack
An overview of trade fairs, expos and exhibitions that are organized in Indonesia.
• Trade Fairs, Expos & Exhibitions in Indonesia
Our business-to-business (B2B) platform is the online meeting point for companies
• Business Platform Indonesia