Dear FORCES user,
Since the last release in October we have made FORCES Pro even better for you. These are the main new features that have just been released:
- New ADMM variant: FORCES Pro now includes a variant of the Alternating Direction Method of Multiplers (ADMM) that can efficiently handle general polytopic constraints. This method can significantly outperform interior-point methods for a wide range of problems. Switching between the methods is a matter of one mouse click as shown in the following video. Learn how to choose the different ADMM options.
- Time-varying parameters in ADMM: All ADMM variants available in FORCES Pro now allow the problem data to change online during runtime of the controller. The computational overhead is minimal in most cases. This enables, among other things, to use the FORCES Pro ADMM solver within nonlinear model predictive control schemes or to calibrate the controller during runtime.
- Custom projection functions: FORCES Pro can now import user-defined projection functions for use with first-order methods. This allows you to provide a custom implementation of a projection function, or to solve problems with non-polytopic constraints (such as second-order cones, 2-norm balls or exponential cones). Check out an example with an ordered set constraint.
- New interface: FORCES Pro can now also be used with Python 3. Learn how or check out an example. Plus, all interfaces now give estimates for the computational and memory requirements of the generated solvers.
- Practical examples: We have posted new examples of FORCES Pro solving a broad range of predictive control problems. Learn how to use FORCES Pro to generate controllers with 1-norm and infinity-norm objectives or with actuator slew rate constraints. We have also created new application examples covering automotive, power electronics, aerospace or robust state estimation. The example code can be freely downloaded.
Trial licenses for FORCES Pro now include all methods and generate fast code for desktop platforms.
Try FORCES Pro for free
If you are already a FORCES Pro user, most of these features will be available for free. Check out the licensing information for details.
It is our top priority to improve FORCES Pro to meet the needs of our users. If you need new features let us know via the web platform or send us an email to email@example.com.
Juan Jerez &
on behalf of the embotech team