Bead Organization Tips and Tricks
1. Use stackable containers with dividers. Keep all the pearls in one, the crystals in another, the metals in another etc. Create a two-step system. Organize first by colour, then by size. This will make it easier to find what you are looking for.
2. Always store beads in clear containers so you can see what's inside without having to open them. No matter how well you label them, you'll forget what you put in them!
3. Make sure your containers have a lock of some sort to keep the box closed and prevent spills.
4. Make sure the dividers extend all the way to the lid of the box; otherwise beads can slide from one side to the other.
5. Store beads in fishing tackle boxes. When you open them up, everything is in one compartment.
6. For travel, store beads in weekly or monthly pill boxes. They have locks and are great for organizing by colour and type. These also work well for storing small findings. (clasps, crimps, jump rings etc.)
7. Store beads in inexpensive plastic spice jars. The shaker top releases just a few beads at a time.
8. For items of which you only have a few remaining, you can use tiny clear, plastic containers available at the dollar store. Then store the tiny plastic containers all within a large clear plastic box or container.
9. Store containers in a plastic rolling drawer cart. Keep tools in one drawer and beads in the others. Use book ends to store jewelry project books on top.
10. Store beads in empty Tic Tac containers.