God's provision and grace have proven faithful for a solid year. Much has changed in one year's time; student growth, changes in organizational direction, new church plants, new areas to consider, but ultimately the mission in Kenya has remained the same:
Proclaim the message of Jesus Christ
Provide an education
At the start of 2015 we had three goals for the year ahead. We believe we've achieved those goals.
- Establish monthly support
- You have provided the funds for Christlike Academy in the Misiri Slums to remain operational for an entire year. We hope to grow this monthly support in 2016 to include provision for Pastor Linus Kirimi in Limuru.
- Grow our relationship with Christlike Kenya and establish solid communication with our partners
- Our trip in October allowed us to set in place solid systematic structures between Feed.Teach.Hope. and Christlike Kenya as well as afforded us the opportunity to spend a week building our relationship with Linus and Liz Kirimi. We also believe our communication through emails and Facebook have been a successful way to communicate with our partners. We hope to continue building out systems that bring life to Feed.Teach.Hope. and Christlike Kenya and we plan on adding new communication mediums in 2016.
- Plan a forward trajectory for church planting in Africa
- The primary need for planters in Kenya is training and support. We have made connections between Linus and Acts 29, an International Church Planting Network that will help with theological training for him, which then we hope will trickle down to those he disciples and trains. We hope in 2016 to submit one other pastor to the same theological training.
As we begin 2016, we have three primary goals for this year that we'd like to share with you. In addition to these, we'd like to improve on our 2015 goals, we've included those hopes in italics above.
- Establish a support connection with one U.S. Church for each of the 5 of the areas in Kenya we are working in
- We are focusing on 3 primary areas for the first half of 2016; Limuru, Endarasha, and Archer's Post. For the second half we hope to focus on Eden Tea Church and Life in Christ Church.
- Grow monthly support to include a salary for Pastor Linus Kirimi
- All of the pastors Linus trains and sends out are bi-vocational, including himself. We want to be able to provide for he and his family so that Linus can focus on shepherding his church, being the director of Christlike Academy, and training and sending out church planters.
- Take a small group of partners on a trip to Limuru, Kenya
- We have a small group of interested partners who would like to see what we are doing in Kenya. We would like to take them. Our hope is to travel over for 5 days to perform work on Christlike Academy and to host a short Bible school for the children there.
Would you please be praying with us about these goals as we move into 2016?
If you'd like to provide financial support, you can do so HERE, or you can mail support to the address at the bottom of this email.
We are thankful for your friendship and we pray that this year you grow in your love and adoration for the one who rescued us, Jesus Christ.
President | Feed.Teach.Hope.