Week of December 9, 2019
ELS - “Humble, Bold, Different for a Purpose”
A member of FVL Schools
This Week at Emanuel
C Boys/Girls & 4th Boys Grade Practice (3:15-4:45 pm)
A/B Cheer Practice (5:00-7:00 pm)
Boys A/B Practice (3:15-4:00 pm)
4th Grade Boys & C Girls vs. St. Paul, Appleton (4:15 pm)
Girls A/B Practice (5:20-6:50 pm)
4th Boys Grade Practice (3:15-4:15 pm)
C Boys & Girls vs St. Mark, Green Bay (4:30 pm)
A Cheer Practice (5:00-6:30 pm)
Crossroads (7:00-8:00 pm)
Advent Service (7:00-800 pm)
School Present Wrapping for St. Joe’s (1:15-2:30 pm)
B Cheer Practice (3:15-4:30 pm)
Boys A/B Practice (3:15-4:45 pm)
Girls A/B Practice (4:45-6:15 pm)
Chapel (8:10 am)
Home BB Games vs. Mt. Olive: BG, AG, BB, AB (4:15, 5:15, 6:15, 7:15)
Grades 5-8 Sing National Anthem before B Boys Basketball Game (arrive @ 6:00)
Worship (8:00 & 10:30 am)
Sunday School (9:15-10:15 am)
5th-8th Grade Bible class (church basement) (9:15-10:15 am)
Sunday School Christmas Service (10:30am)
Grades 5-8 Field Trip to the PAC (Phantom of the Opera) (6:30 pm)
*Reminder - December 20th is an early dismissal. Children will be getting dismissed at noon. No lunch will be provided that day. Please make sure arrangements have been made. Thank you.
Upcoming Christmas Events
Advent Services: Wednesdays, December 11 & 18 (7:00 pm)
Sunday, December 15
Sunday School Service (10:30 am)
Thursday, December 19
Day School K-8 Christmas Service (1:30 pm & 6:30 pm)
Piano Students 3-8 Preservice Music
(12:50 pm & 5:50 pm)
Saturday, December 21
Christmas JAM (9:00-11:00 am)
Tuesday, December 24
Christmas Eve Service (2:00 & 3:30 & 5:00 pm)
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services (6:30 & 8:00 pm)
Wednesday, December 25
Christmas Day Worship with Holy Communion (9:30 am)
Tuesday, December 31
New Year’s Eve Service with Holy Communion (5:15 pm)
Attendance Line Update:
We are currently working on some technical issues with our Attendance Line voicemail. For faster and quicker responses, please email email@example.com or call the office 920-982-5444, especially if your child needs to leave early for the day. Sorry for any inconvenience. If your child will be arriving late to school, please include in your message if they will be taking hot lunch, and which option they will be taking.
CLASSROOM PAGES: Click on the link to go to classroom specific information.
3P & 4K
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Christmas Service! The children did an amazing job is sharing Jesus with everyone!
DVD copies of the Christmas Program are ready to go and can be picked up in the office. $3 per copy.
This Thursday we look forward to wrapping gifts for our Christmas Collection. Next Monday we will sing songs and deliver gifts at St. Joe’s. I am in need of more drivers!
This week a note is coming home about our Christmas party on December 20. Please look for it.
Click on the link above for the 5th - 8th grade classroom news.
ELS Payment Link - click here!
NEWS & NOTES
Dec 19 - Children’s Christmas Service
(Grades K-8) – (1:30 & 6:30 pm)
- All K-8 students are participating in BOTH the 1:30 & 6:30 services.
- Students are reminded to dress up for these very special worship services. Please follow the school dress code as well. (NO uncovered strapless dresses or spaghetti straps, please.)
- Students can bring a change of clothes to school with them on Thursday and will be given time to change prior to the 1:30 service.
- After the 1:30 service, students will return to the classrooms and then be excused from school at the normal 3:05 time. (Parents, grandparents, etc. that are able to attend the 1:30 service are encouraged to do so. The evening service will be very full.)
- For the 6:30 service, the doors to church will be open by 5:45, but the doors to the school will not open until 6:10. Students should please report to their classrooms at 6:15 pm so they can get ready to line-up for the processional. (Piano students will be playing preservice in the church beginning at 5:50 and should meet in the music room at 5:45. All other students arriving early can sit with their parents in the church until it is time to go up to the classrooms.) Following the evening service parents may pick up their children in the commons.
- We plan on making DVDs of the service available at a cost of $3. Sign-ups will be available in the office.
- If possible, parents are encouraged to park on the neighborhood streets for the evening service so that grandparents and the elderly may park closer to the church. Thank you.
Adopt a Family
We have several families that we are helping this year. There is a display in the narthex of items that are needed. Please pull a slip and return the purchased item, along with the slip, to the Emanuel office. We will be getting everything together and delivering the items to each family on December 19 & 20. Monetary gifts are always welcome for anything that may not have been donated. Thank you for all your help in making Christmas a little brighter for others. Please contact Mrs. Eidenberger in the office at 920-982-5444 with any questions. You may also contact her by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phantom of the Opera Field Trip THIS Sunday
This Sunday is the optional 5-8 Field Trip to see “Phantom of the Opera” at the Appleton Performing Arts Center. Families are responsible for their own transportation to and from the event. We will be seated together inside the theatre. “Snappy casual” attire is recommended. You may wish to bring some money for souvenirs or for snacks at intermission.
Here are some additional details:
- There are two entrances into the Center– the Division Street Valet Entrance across from the parking structure and the Ticket Office Entrance located at the corner of College Avenue and Division Street.
- The parking ramp closest to the P.A.C. is the Green Ramp. A $5 fee is charged upon entry for event parking; cash only. Parking is also available on the street, in the Red Ramp (located adjacent to the Red Lion Paper Valley Hotel) or by using the Center’s valet parking service for $12 per vehicle. Visit Appleton Downtown Parking for additional information.
- Doors to the Center open one hour prior to the show and seating inside the theater begins approximately one half hour prior to the performance.
- Tickets are scanned at the doors so have them ready when you arrive.
- All persons entering the Fox Cities P.A.C. are subject to a screening by trained security personnel, including, but not limited to, a bag inspection. Large bags and backpacks (8.5x11x5 or larger) are prohibited in the theater. We request you leave them in your vehicle or at coat check. The show is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes in length, including an intermission.
- The Center’s performances will go on as scheduled regardless of inclement weather, and no refunds will be issued. However, in the unlikely event that the Center cancels a performance, refunds will be promptly distributed.
5-8th Grade Sing National Anthem this FRIDAY
Grades 5-8 will sing the National Anthem at Friday night’s home basketball game, before the start of the Boys B game, around 6:15 PM. Basketball players and cheerleaders may also participate. We’ll meet in the school hallway in front of Mr. Schauland’s office and will walk to center court together to sing. Wear any clothes that show your SCHOOL SPIRIT! Hope to see many of you there!
5th-8th Grade Midterm Progress Reports
2nd Quarter Midterms should be coming home with 5th-8th grade students on Tuesday. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher. Your attention to these grades now can impact the final report card for the 2nd quarter.
Please click here to access the Winter 2019 edition of Parent’s Crosslink. This quarterly newsletter provides enriching articles, devotions, and ideas. Hard copies are also available in the office.
Volunteer Sign Up for Basketball
All winter sports families are reminded to sign up for their volunteer spots. We are still in need of volunteers for a number of games. Here is the link for the sign up. Volunteer Sign Up.
If you are willing to learn how to keep the scorebook and run the score clock, we are willing to teach you!
Thanks to all for participating in our school-wide Christmas Collection for nursing homes in the area. Donations are due at school tomorrow. We will spend Thursday afternoon wrapping our presents. Click on the link for more information.
Christmas Collection Distribution
Adult Chaperones are needed to help 5-8th grade students distribute gifts to the residents of St. Joes on Friday, December 20th from 9:20AM-10:15AM. You can click on the link to sign up or let your child’s teacher know.
If you chose the 2-half payment option, the 2nd payment is due on or before Jan. 15, 2020. If you would like to know your balance, please contact Mrs. Eidenberger.
Principal Call Update
A call meeting for principal was held last weekend between church services. Mr. Chad Marohn was called to serve as Emanuel’s principal in 2019-2020. He is currently serving at St. Paul’s Lutheran School in Howards Grove, WI. Please keep Mr. Marohn in your prayers as he considers where he can best serve.
2019-20 2nd Quarter Mission Project
Mission offerings for the 2nd quarter will be going towards K.I.D.S. Care - Indonesia: Early Childhood Education. More information about this ministry will be given throughout the quarter.
Throughout the school year, there are multiple opportunities to volunteer at Emanuel. If you are interested in volunteering for any of the listed opportunities please contact the listed staff member or the school office.
Winter Volunteers Needed: Emanuel is in need of volunteers to help maintain the campus grounds during the winter months. This would involve salting & shoveling sidewalks. Please contact the office at 920-982-5444 if you would be willing to help out.
Ushers: We are in need of ushers for the Children’s Christmas Service. There are two services on December 19th at 1:30 and 6:30. If you are able to usher for either, or both, services, please contact the school office at 920-983-5444.
Text Payments for School Fees, Lunches and Tiger Cub Care: You can now pay for your school fees, student lunches and Tiger Cub Care fees by texting “EmanLuth School” to the number 73256, then follow the prompts on your phone. You may also click on the link in the Cub Chatter, elstigers.org and emanuelnl.org.
Online Payment - Click Here
FVL NEWS & NOTES
WINTER GRADE SCHOOL BASEBALL CAMP
The FVL baseball staff is holding a winter baseball camp for three evenings in January: 1/12, 1/19, & 1/26. This camp is open to boys in grades 3-8 and takes place at The Warehouse in Appleton. Grades 3-4 will play from 4-5 PM; grades 5-6 will play from 5-6:30 PM; and grades 7-8 will play from 6:30-8 PM. Cost is $25 per participant. Registration is online; a $5 late fee will be assessed for registration received after 1/5/2020. Please contact FVL Varsity Baseball Coach Joel Kramer (email@example.com) with any questions. Listen to WHBY 1150 AM for any weather cancellations. Visit http://fvlschools.org/about/youth-sports/winter-baseball-camp for more info and to register.
2020 JUNIOR FOXES SUMMER BASEBALL
Registration is now open for the 2020 JUNIOR FOXES baseball season for boys ages 13-14 (grades 7 & 8). The season runs from the end of April through the middle of July. The teams play in the FVYBL league with other local schools. Registration is open until 3/1/2020. The cost is $145, plus $15.75 to purchase a new hat. (If your athlete already has a hat from last year, he does not need to purchase a new one.) Visit http://fvlschools.org/about/youth-sports/foxes-summer-baseball for more info and to register. Contact Coach Dennis Plaster (920-851-7048 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
School Calendar (ICAL address)
If you would like to sync our school calendar to your own device you can copy & paste this address into any calendar that supports ICAL addresses:
Athletics Calendar (ICAL address)
Questions, Comments, Concerns
Please do not hesitate to contact the school office or Mr. Schauland to share any ways we can better serve the families of Emanuel.
Emanuel Alert Line: 920-472-4411