Seeds: Arugula, Beans, Carrots, Cucumbers, Eggplants, Kale and Greens, Okra, Potatoes, Summer Squash, Turnips, watermelon; Starts: Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Cucumbers, Eggplants, Peppers, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Watermelon
April Tasks from the ACC Extension Office:
- Plant warm-season crops.
- Make a second planting within two to three weeks of the first planting of snap beans, corn and squash.
- Be sure to plant enough vegetables for canning and freezing.
- Cultivate to control weeds and grass, to break crusty soil, and to provide aeration.
- Maintain mulch between rows.
- Plant tender herbs.
- Remember: Do not work in your garden when the foliage is wet to avoid spreading diseases from one plant to another.