Dear <<First Name>>
Further to the email I sent out on Wednesday it’s important to clarify the practical steps we’re taking as a church during this current crisis. As that email said please remain Calm, Caring, Compassionate, Considerate, Confident, and, most of all, Christ-like.
To protect those most vulnerable please do not attend the Windsor Fellowship Church if:
If these don’t apply to you then please do continue to join us at our weekly Sunday meeting. Please help encourage safe behaviour by:
- you fall into the Government’s self-isolation categories. Please self-isolate immediately.
- you have a fever, new and continuous cough, sore throat or have difficulty breathing please stay at home for at least 7 days.
- you have been in close contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 please self-isolate.
- you feel you are at particular risk from infection.
- Washing your hands on arrival – we’ll have hand sanitiser available at the door
- Avoiding shaking hands and physical contact
- Waiting to be served tea and coffee by the serving team, including letting them serve the milk
- We won’t be sharing communion until further notice.
Please let me know if you are self-isolating for any reason. We want to know how to support you and to provide regular communication with the church family during a time which could prove quite lonely.
Home group Bible studies
Until told otherwise we will continue meeting in our regular small groups. However, for those who choose to remain at home, we will be asking each group to provide a "listening" service so they can hear what is being taught.
If we’re unable to meet centrally we’ll ask each small group to agree on a location to meet for regular Bible study and to continue calling those who cannot make it physically. These small groups may eventually take place fully remotely.
Our regular Sunday and midweek services will continue until the government advises otherwise. If all public gatherings are discouraged, we will then publish our sermons online in time for each service. We would then ask the small groups to meet physically or virtually to continue encouraging one another with what they have learnt from God's word.
Senior Minister, Windsor Fellowship Church