A reminder of just a few Exciting Events taking place this month - please let others know about them...
Saturday 25 January 2020: Street Pastors’ 10th Anniversary Celebration and Commissioning Service.
Join us to celebrate 10 years of Being on the Streets’ of Tunbridge Wells - Listening, Caring, Helping in Jesus Name, those engaging in the pub and club culture in our town. We will gather at 8pm at Christ Church, High Street, Tun Wells (Coffee will be served from 7.30pm). Join us as we Commission new Street Pastors and as we celebrate and share stories from the streets of God’s faithfulness and the impact Street Pastors have made over the past 10 years.
URGENT PLEA - We are in need of volunteers to join our Prayer Pastor Team - especially on Thursday nights and Saturday nights. If you willing and able to join this exciting ministry, (or just give it a try for a few months) praying for the safety of our Street Pastors and for the well-being of our town, please contact Doreen Blackman at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday 25 January: Fan into Flame – Training Day for those wanting to be more effective in prayer ministry 10am – 4pm at Christ Church, High Street
Topics will include:
o Rediscovering the ministry of Jesus
o Increasing our effectiveness in Ministry
o Growing in the prophetic and handling it with wisdom
o Praying for healing.
Mark Aldridge, who is the Director of Leadership Development for New Wine will be speaking during the day. Cost is £5 and includes drinks, but lunch is not provided. Tickets can be booked at https://fan-into-flame.eventbrite.co.uk
Contact email@example.com / 01892 522323
Wednesday 22 January - 7-9pm at Christ Church, TW
Climate Q & A Evening
Join an evening of discussion on how we can better steward our planet. .
Which question do YOU want answering?
· Do my small changes really make a difference?
· What should I eat to help save the planet?
· How can I reduce my plastic usage?
· How as a Church can we take action?
Get free tickets at http://bit.ly/CCTW2020 or for more information ring 07789322920
Tuesday 14 January - Be equipped to run: Easter Experience with your local school
9.30am - 12.00 at St John's Church, Amherst Road
The Easter Experience is a unique opportunity developed by crossteach to help pupils understand why Christians celebrate Easter. It's a one-hour interactive lesson that takes place either in a school or in a local church. It is aimed at pupils in Year 6 and Year 7. The Experience involves:
• Simple-to-set-up zones around which the pupils rotate in groups
• A ‘murder mystery’ style investigation to get to the bottom of who was responsible for Jesus' death
• An exploration of the Easter story through drama, interviews and multi-sensory activities
We want to equip you to run an Easter Experience with your local school. Our training morning is designed to give you the knowledge and resources needed to run an Experience, from establishing a link with a school right through to the delivery of the session, and follow-up.
The training includes:
• The opportunity to see the Easter Experience in action
• How to invite schools to take part
• How to set up the Easter Experience
• A full resource pack
Details of the Training Morning:
The Training is free and refreshments will be provided.
For more information or to book your place please RSVP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 8 January 2020, with the following information:
• Name of your church
• Names of all those attending
• Contact information of all those attending
1. Your name and the email address you have given us will be kept securely.
2. We try to keep personal data up to date and rely on you to let us know of any changes.
3. The only person to have access to your data is the sender of this news.
4. We do not pass on your data to any third party without your permission.
5. The data we have about you is kept solely for the purposes of communicating about matters concerning Churches Together for Tunbridge Wells which we consider will be of interest to you.
6. You have the right to see the data we keep about you.
7. You can opt out of this mailing at any time by emailing us or unsubscribing (below).