In ADA North East’s six-state region, milk’s retail sales at the end of 2020 versus a year ago show a 2.8% increase – and holds 13% of the total U.S. share of retail fluid milk sales. Other year-end trends include:
- Lactose free milk is up 17%
- Omega-3 milk is up 15.4%
- Refuel (chocolate milk) is up 12.6%
- Whole milk is up 6.2%, outpacing lower fat milks
- Whole milk is 41.2% of all milk sales
- Gallon milk sales increased 3.7%
*Information provided to Dairy Management Inc., by IRi Monitoring.