Will this federal election lead to the just economic recovery we need?
With Election Day just around the corner, we dedicate this newsletter to some of the issues our team has kept a close eye on during this election cycle. Few of the themes will come as a surprise to long-time newsletter subscribers:
- Budgetary policy that acknowledges the climate emergency
- Action on housing and improving affordability
- An inclusive economic recovery – particularly to sectors and workers hardest-hit by the pandemic
- Supporting workers through a just transition to a resilient and zero-carbon economy
- Economic reconciliation
- Deepening support to the innovation ecosystem
Post-COVID economic recovery has been touted as being an issue of utmost importance to all major parties. However, the question remains: will the outcomes of this election translate into a just economic recovery?
In cased you missed it, watch the recap of the recent English language federal debate.