Deadline: February 15, 2018
Date of the event: From May 18th to 21th 2018
Groupe ECHO Haiti (GECH) is a youth association from Haiti created in 2010. Its mission is to reinforce the capacity of the Haitian youth while taking concrete action to significantly impact the development of Haiti. As part of its mission, GECH decided to carry through its Youth Operations Department (DOJ), an event that will educate young people about Haiti's problems while giving them the ability to formulate and carry out projects and joint actions for the development of the country. This event called ELAN Haiti is a rendezvous for young people in Haiti and around the world who have a strong vision and commitment to the future of Haiti.
ELAN Haiti 2018 is the third edition of the International Youth Symposium to be held in Jacmel, Haiti from May 18 to 21, 2018. The symposium will lead to a series of exchanges, conferences, tours, workshops and roundtables dedicated to a deep reflection focused on Haiti, among young students and active leaders or Haitians and internationals. Discussions will focus on the following themes: Health, Local Governance, Civic Engagement and Spatial Planning and will be guided by experts and opinion leaders from Haiti and elsewhere in order to lead to the formulation of four concrete projects to solve the main problems identified by these young people.
To ensure the success of this project, GECH is looking for outstanding young candidates with a track record in leadership to take part in its third edition of the youth leadership forum; ELAN Haiti.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE ?
- We will accept 100 qualified applicants
- Deadline for submission of application is: February 15th 2018
- Selected participants will be notified via email in March 2018
Applications must include:
- The application form duly completed online
- (Available at https://goo.gl/1U3VUx )
- Your resume (to upload in the form)
- A signed letter of recommendation (to be uploaded on the form)
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old
- Must be a student, young professional, entrepreneur and / or social leader
- Must be able to demonstrate an interest to help the progress of Haiti
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Must be willing to work and collaborate with various groups
- Must be available to attend the conference from May 18 to 21 2018 if selected
- Must be willing, if selected, to follow up with the execution of an action project that will result from the event for a period of 1 year
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in at least one of the three working languages of the event: French, Creole and English
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and be able to project a credible image of young ambassador.
Application is free.
We encourage young people of all backgrounds in Haiti and abroad to apply. Assessments will be based on the criteria described above. Candidates are reminded that only completed applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
For more information, contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ELAN Haiti 2018 team