Choreographers Anna Watkins, Neus Gil Cortés and Salah El Brogy present their work based on BODY, MIND & TRANSCENDENCE
These three choreographers have performed nationally and internationally with companies such as Tavaziva Dance, Motionhouse, Shobana Jeyasingh, Hofesh Shechter, National Dance Company Wales, Protein Dance and Akram Khan Company.
They have come together to share and support each other's choreographic work all based on the same theme - 'Organic Entity'. From questions and experiences of life, come three very different interpretations.
Join all three choreographers for a one day workshop on Sunday 20th November 2016.
- 1 hour Professional Contemporary Class with Anna Watkins - Based on a physical and technical training, including influences from classical, Cunningham and Graham techniques. Stamina and strengthening approach to class, whilst building a grounded and technical foundation.
- 1 hour 'Human Animal' Rep and exploration of material with Anna Watkins.
- 1.5 hours 'Left' Rep, partner work and structured improvisation based on a physical embodiment of images and sensations that was part of the process of the piece, with Neus Gil Cortés.
- 1.5 hours Extemporaneous with Salah El Brogy. Extemporaneous is a dance vocabulary built from improvisation and remains improvised. Salah draws inspiration from his Eygptian, African, Middle Eastern heritage; eclectic mix of other disciplines he trained in (martial arts, Kung fu, yoga, whirling dervish, Eygptian folklore, hip hop, capoeira, ballet and contemporary.
- Q&A with all three choreographers
10am - 4.30pm
Location: Siobhan Davies Studios (Elephant & Castle)