Your Weekly Update from the Braillists Foundation
Help us Choose our Next Book in the Book Club
Our Book Club is well and thriving, and we’re about half way through Kensuke’s Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo.
In our session tonight, we’ll be choosing what to read next. Don’t forget, there’s an advanced group as well as an intermediate one, and the two groups don’t necessarily have to read the same book!
So if you’ve thought about joining the Book Club, but been put off by the choice of book, why not come along tonight and have your say?
Join Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89353220947
Meeting ID: 893 5322 0947
Claim your Free Braille Equipment!
We believe every blind person has the right to the tools they need to read and write braille.
So we're excited that we're offering free braille reading, writing and learning equipment for you, whether you're an expert or a beginner. If you are interested in attending a master-class, or have done in the past, then in exchange we can send you some of the kit below. (N.B. grant conditions currently limit this to the UK and Ireland.)
- A4 braille frame.
- Samples of A4 braille paper.
- 8-cell braille word forming block (for learners).
- Tactile abacus.
For introductions to using this kit, please see recordings of our previous master-classes, available at braillists.org/media or via the Braillecast podcast.
To claim your equipment, or apply on someone else's behalf, email email@example.com or telephone 020 3893 3392 with the following:
- Request which of the above to send and which not to send.
- Confirm that you or the recipient are interested in attending our Braille master-classes, by telephone or Zoom.
- Confirm the British or Irish postal address. As the package is too large to go through a standard letter-box, please give us directions as to where to leave it, should you not be in.
- You can keep kit as long as you like. However please confirm that this equipment will not be resold and that you or the recipient are happy to donate it to another braille reader when/if it is no longer wanted (or post it back to the Braillists).
Postage dates depend on stocks so please be patient. For data protection reasons, your address will only be held by our partner, Vision Through Sound, and will not be seen by other Braillists members. If you are not from the UK or Ireland, you can ask on the Braillists' email forum for advice on similar resources in your country.
Links and Meeting IDs for our Regular Events
Braille For Beginners, every Monday at 7:00 PM until 29 March. 841 9618 7503 or register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAsfu-ppjwvGteUgYHNMNSvhxseX3y8DOjh
Book Club, every Thursday at 6:00 PM. 893 5322 0947 or https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89353220947
Open Forum, every Friday at 6:00 PM. 848 9405 0254 or https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84894050254
For more information, visit braillists.org/events. None of our Zoom events have a password. To join by phone, refer to the instructions at braillists.org/events/instructions. Our events are carefully moderated in line with our policy at braillists.org/events/moderation. Note that all events take place in the UK and are listed in UK time.
Copyright © 2021 Braillists, All rights reserved.
Want to change how you receive these emails? You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.