Sunday, March 4th, 2018
Hey Running Club!
From the Desk of the Secretary
Thank you to everyone who made it out to elections, and saw it through to the end! I'm happy to announce your new group of officers for the 2018-2019 school year:
President: Vicky Evankovich
Treasurer: Megan Falknor
VP of Racing: Evan Sergent
Long Distance Captain: Ryan Heckman
Middle Distance Captain: Melina Edic
Female Sprint Captain: Jaime Donaldson
Male Sprint Captain: Marvelous Olowookere
Social Events Chair: Maryann Kusmer
Apparel Chair: Nicole Nazar
Webmaster: Matt Polatas
Community Outreach Chair: Alex Art
Race Logistics Manager: Zach Napholz
Congratulations to everyone who was elected! I have no doubt that all of you will achieve great things for the future of Running Club.
Picture day will be this Thursday before practice. Please be sure to wear your Running Club shirt!
Indoor season has come to an end, and the outdoor season begins a few weeks from now! Until then, make note of a couple of changes to the schedule:
- March 24th - meet at Mount Vernon Nazarene
- March 31st - Yellow Jacket Collegiate Open at Cedarville
- April 20th - Otterbein Twilight Invitational
Workouts from your Racing Committee:
5-10 x 1000m intervals (5k pace) with 1:30 active recovery
4-8 x 400m on (I) / 400m off (E), drop out if times are not hit
2 x 200m + 2 x 400m (1:30) + 1-2 x 1200m (2:30) + 2 x 400m (1:30) + 2 x 200m
2-4 x 1k (2:30) + 2 x 400m (1:30) + 4 x 200m
(You can download the sprinting plan for March here.)
Bike 10 min, 5 3 3 5 B Lifts
6 x 300m decreasing rest @ 85% 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5
3 x 12 Speed Lifts
2 x 3 x 200m cutdowns, blocks, hurdles, jumps
Skips & accels, 5 3 3 5 C Lifts
[Note: I=interval pace, E=easy pace]
If you're interested in sprinting, please contact our Sprint Captains Emma and Justin at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our club meets M/W/F at 4:30 PM at the Ohio Union West Plaza, T/Th from 7-8:30 PM at the French Field House, and Sundays at 9 AM for long runs. Nothing is mandatory, everything is optional!
- Here is the link to the slides from the information session.
- We have a Facebook group (linked here), which along with this newsletter and our website is how we pass along information to all of the running club's members. To join this Facebook group simply search "Ohio State Running Club", or click the link above, and make sure you select the group, not the page. Once you request to join, one of our officers will approve you shortly.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the officers or to the club email, email@example.com.
Your friendly neighborhood Running Club Secretary,
Secretary, Running Club at Ohio State
"Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions."
- Harold S. Geneen
Join our Facebook Group
Read our Blog