Sunday, April 15th, 2018
Hey Running Club!
From the Desk of the Secretary
Awesome job to everyone who braved the rain and cold this weekend to race at NIRCA Nationals! We saw so many great performances - the best way to end our NIRCA outdoor season.
Some other highlights:
- Women's 4x800m - team of Francesca Rimer, Melina Edic, Tessa Dombi, Emma Dalan
- Women's 400m - Emma Dalan
- Women's 400m hurdles - Emma Dalan
+ a special congratulations to three-time national champion Emma Dalan for receiving the Women's MVP award!!!
- Women's 200m - Jessica Wrenn, 7th place
- Women's 800m - Emma Dalan, 2nd place (and a new club record of 2:18.84)
- Women's 4x400m - team of Emma Dalan, Jaime Donaldson, Tessa Dombi, Francesca Rimer, 5th place
- Women's Shot Put - Daisy Okpa, 5th place
- Women's High Jump - Claire Hansel, 4th place
Overall, the women's team placed 4th, and the men's team placed 22nd. (But we were first in Emma's heart, and that's what counts.) Unofficial results can be found here. Check out all the photos from this weekend on the Facebook page!
NOTE: While we will still be at the track Tuesday and Thursday for official practice, there will be the option of meeting at the Union at 5:30 PM for a regular run.
Our final meet of the season will be the Otterbein Twilight Invitational this Friday, April 20th. Throws start at 2 PM, and race events start at 4:30 PM. Sign up here by the 17th! Let Will know if you need an excuse to get out of class.
The end of the semester dinner will take place Saturday, April 21st at 7 PM in the Barbie Tootle Room at the Ohio Union. Dress to the nines as you dine the night away in good company. As always, there will be a get together after dinner, happening at 171 E Northwood Ave. Can't wait to see you all there!
That being said, voting for superlatives is now open! Vote here until Thursday, April 19th!
Workouts from your Racing Committee:
8-12 x 200m with full recovery
2-4 x 800m tempo with 1:00 active recovery
800m + 400m + 2 x 300m + 4 x 200m
2-4 x (2 x 200m + 800m + 2 x 200m)
If you're interested in sprinting, please contact our Sprint Captains Emma and Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Our club meets M/W/F at 5:30 PM at the Ohio Union West Plaza, T/Th at 5:30 PM at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, and Sundays at 9 AM for long runs. Nothing is mandatory, everything is optional!
- Here is the link to the slides from the information session.
- We have a Facebook group (linked here), which along with this newsletter and our website is how we pass along information to all of the running club's members. To join this Facebook group simply search "Ohio State Running Club", or click the link above, and make sure you select the group, not the page. Once you request to join, one of our officers will approve you shortly.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the officers or to the club email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your friendly neighborhood Running Club Secretary,
Secretary, Running Club at Ohio State
"When I go to the Boston Marathon now, I have wet shoulders - women fall into my arms crying. They're weeping for joy because running has changed their lives. They feel they can do anything."
- Kathrine Switzer, first woman to officially enter and run the Boston Marathon in 1967
Join our Facebook Group
Read our Blog