Sunday, February 4th, 2018
Hey Running Club!
From the Desk of the Secretary
Great job to everyone who raced at YSU yesterday! Special shout out to Emma Dalan for breaking her own indoor 400m record with a time of 1:01.34!
You can find the full results here.
The next indoor meet will be the Kenyon Classic on Saturday, February 17th. Sign up here by midnight on February 11th!
The first window for signing up for spirit wear has been extended to midnight tonight!
2nd window for paying: ends Thursday, February 7th at midnight
Please DO NOT pay during the first window. This is to ensure that there are enough people for each item to be able to purchase them.
There will be 5 items this year:
Check the Facebook page for pictures of the items, and sign up for spirit wear here by midnight tonight.
- Red rainjacket with logo - $32
- Cozy hat with logo - $20
- Men's running compression shorts with logo - $25
- Cozy joggers - $30
- Black women's team top with "Run Like a Girl" in red cursive on the front, logo on the top of the back - $15-20
The self-defense class for the women of the club is no longer next weekend, but will be moving to April 7th. Check the Facebook page for more info as we get closer to the event.
Workouts from your Racing Committee:
1-2 x 10 min (T) with 2:30 active recovery + 1-2 x 5 min tempo (AT) with 2:30 active recovery + 10 x short hill bursts (continuous)
2-4 x 2000m intervals (T) with 2:00 active recovery + 1-2 x 400m repeats with full recovery
2-4 x 1mile repeats + 6-8 hill sprints
2-3 x 1200m + 2 x 400m + 4 x 200m
(You can download the sprinter lifting plan here.)
Jog mile; 8, 6, 6, 8 C Lifts
6 x 300m with 50m kicker @ 88% (8-10 min), 200m option (200 with kicker)
3 x 10 Speed Lifts
1,2,3 2,1,3 3,2,1 @ 90% (walk half of what you ran for rest, 5-6 min between sets)
Bike or run mile; 4 x 6 A Lifts
[Note: T=threshold pace, AT=anaerobic threshold pace]
If you're interested in sprinting, please contact our Sprint Captains Emma and Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Our club meets M/W/F at 4:30 PM at the Ohio Union West Plaza, T/Th from 7-8:30 PM at the French Field House, and Sundays at 9 AM for long runs. Nothing is mandatory, everything is optional!
- Here is the link to the slides from the information session.
- We have a Facebook group (linked here), which along with this newsletter and our website is how we pass along information to all of the running club's members. To join this Facebook group simply search "Ohio State Running Club", or click the link above, and make sure you select the group, not the page. Once you request to join, one of our officers with approve you shortly.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the officers or to the club email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your friendly neighborhood Running Club Secretary,
Secretary, Running Club at Ohio State
"Some sessions are stars and some are stones, but in the end they are all rocks and we build upon them."
- Chrissie Wellington
Join our Facebook Group
Read our Blog