Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Hey Running Club!
From the Desk of the Secretary
I hope everyone had a good first week of classes, and is enjoying this three-day weekend!
If you're interested in joining the club this semester, please fill out the spring registration form here. (Note: you only have to fill out the form if you did not register in the fall, or if you registered only for fall semester and now want to run in the spring, too.) The deadline for spring dues is this Wednesday, January 17th. Free water bottles with the club's logo will be given out to the first members to both fill out the registration form and pay dues!
IMPORTANT: On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we meet inside the Ohio Union by the information desk at 4:30 PM. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we meet at 7:00 PM at the French Field House. Enter through the southeast entrance (arrow on the map below). Please be there a little before 7 if possible, as we have to sign in to the facility this year, and it would save time.
Here are a couple of things to know when it comes to racing:
That being said, our first indoor track meet is this weekend! We will be running at Tiffin this Saturday, January 20th. The address is 350 Miami St, Tiffin, OH 44883. Sign up for the race here by tomorrow, January 15th, at noon. You must be a competitive member to race, and make sure to put seed times. Sign up for a ride here! Gas will be $5. Keep checking the Facebook page for more info on when we will be leaving.
- You have to pay dues before signing up to compete.
- If you sign up to race an event, please give yourself a reasonable time/height/distance so that you may be placed in the correct heat.
- Racing Committee will no longer be in charge of arranging relays. It is your own responsibility to find teammates to run in your relay.
- Racing Committee will have a low tolerance for dropping events. When a lot of people drop events, it makes us look bad as an organization, and we don't want that. Therefore, please be mindful of what you sign up for.
- If you do need to drop an event, make sure to let Tessa Dombi know.
Morgan and Nicole are holding a duffel bag sale to support the Running Club's Buckeyethon team. Each duffel bag will cost $18. If you would like a duffel bag, fill out the Google form here and Venmo the money to @RunClubatOSU by this Wednesday, January 17th at 11:59 PM. You can also bring cash or check to practice next week, as long as you get it in by Wednesday. Additional donations are also encouraged! If you have any questions, feel free to message Morgan or Nicole!
In case you haven't heard, your Webmaster Evan Sergent has created a new website that's in need of new content! We want to bring back Running Stories, and we know you've all got important stories that are dying to be told. Please send your stories for the blog to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get your story up! Meanwhile, check out the new site at https://www.osuclubrunning.org/.
Workouts from your Racing Committee:
3-6 mile tempo + 2-4 x 200m repeats with full recovery
Fartlek: 1 min on (threshold)/1 min off (easy) for 20-30 min + 10 short hill bursts (continuous)
(You can download the sprint workouts and lifting plan for the month of January here.)
Technique, 8x300m @ 75% with 2 min rest
Technique, 8x200m hills (if cold, 10x200m)
If you're interested in sprinting, please contact our Sprint Captains Emma and Justin at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our club meets M/W/F at 4:30 PM at the Ohio Union West Plaza, T/Th from 7-8:30 PM at the French Field House, and Sundays at 9 AM for long runs. Nothing is mandatory, everything is optional!
- Here is the link to the slides from the information session.
- We have a Facebook group (linked here), which along with this newsletter and our website is how we pass along information to all of the running club's members. To join this Facebook group simply search "Ohio State Running Club", or click the link above, and make sure you select the group, not the page. Once you request to join, one of our officers with approve you shortly.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the officers or to the club email, email@example.com.
Your friendly neighborhood Running Club Secretary,
Secretary, Running Club at Ohio State
"Running is not about being better than someone else. It's about being better than you used to be."
Join our Facebook Group
Read our Blog