Law Enforcement is telling us, once again, to be vigilant and watchful during this National Holiday weekend. This may be from my recent return from sabbatical but it seems the cycle is repeating itself; only this time there seems to be an urgency in the world. I find it interesting how the perceived national threat has evolved over the past twenty years.
Decade of Jihad suicide bomber fears.
- 1995 - OKC bombing – We were “All about” the 300 foot clearance around yellow Rental trucks.
- 2001 - Twin tower attacks – Jihad assaults – armed
- 2009 - Fort Hood Shooter – Jihad assaults from insiders - armed
- 2013 - Boston Marathon bombing – Jihad assaults - pressure cooker backups – timed explosive
- 2015 – Garland Muhammad drawing contest – Jihad assaults - armed
- 2015 - SC church shooting – Active Shooter – Hate crime
While we could spin on our axis over all the different threats a church faces from the “domestic” view point it is important to not deny the growing threat from the Islamic State. While I don’t profess to be an expert in Islamic studies, I have become acquainted with various intelligence that I believe might make a person understand the world more fully. Such as the following 20 year plan for Islam to dominate the world.
- “The Awakening” – was supposed to have lasted from 2000 to 2003, or more precisely from the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 in New York and Washington to the fall of Baghdad in 2003. The aim of the attacks of 9/11 was to provoke the US into declaring war on the Islamic world and thereby “awakening” Muslims.
- “Opening Eyes” – 2003-2006 – the terrorists hope to make the western conspiracy aware of the “Islamic community.” Al Qaeda turns itself into a movement, recruiting and building an army in Iraq and bases in other Arab states.
- “Arising and Standing Up” – 2007-2010 a focus on Syria with fighting units already built in Syria and Iraq.
- Destabilization of the Middle East. 2010-2013. Al Qaeda will bring about the collapse of Arab governments, and AQ will steadily grow in strength. Phase 4 was completed by the “Arab Spring”.
- Islamic State/Caliphate declared. 2013-2016. Weakened western influence will allow for an Islamic State to form. Phase 5 is now complete, as ISIS has declared an Islamic State.
- “Total Confrontation” – 2016 on. The Caliphate will instigate the fight between believers and non-believers.
- “Definitive Victory” – completed by 2020 with a two-year war. The rest of the world will be so beaten down by 1.5 billion Muslims that the Caliphate will succeed.
Seems as though they're right about on schedule!
Hope you can make it to the 11th Annual National Church Security Conference. Friday and Saturday, August 7th and 8th at New Life Church in Colorado Springs.
God Bless and Highest Regards,