FROM THE DESK OF CHUCK CHADWICK:
Continuing on our Policies and Procedures strand let us talk about BACKGROUND CHECKS...
Who gets background checks and who doesn't?
All employees, both full and part time, should have background checks. Have the background check process built into the employment hiring process so, by default, everyone that it is a staff member will have a background checks.
- Anyone that has anything to do with minor children
- Anyone who has the dealings with money - ushers, offertory sort or money count team.
- Anyone working in accounting or finance department
- Anyone on the security team
- Anyone who has access to confidential information
Any of the major services that offer background checks basically use the same method to attain the information. So it's usually a matter of volume as to what company can do the same services for the least about money.
We suggest maintaining those background checks electronically on a secured drive on your network. These background checks will have information that could make identity theft possible and convenient.
Holes in the system:
Child Molester Soccer Coach get past background checks